Big lottery winners

nightrider

The couple who have just won big time on the lottery have had their pictures splattered all over the media, dont know what you think but I think they are rather silly, who knows what big time villains/east European kidnap gangs might be sussing them out right now?

Might not keeping a low profile be the best bet?

I too am surprised that anyone would go public with information like this, its asking for hassle. I do wonder if the lottery company put a lot of pressure on the winners to go public to assist in the advertising of the product. If it was me i would lie low and still keep sending the begging letters ;-)

seriously though what the hell is joe average going to do with that much money, i dont and never have done the lottery as i find it tacky and obscene i beleive that it has been detrimental to the country as it has made a generation of folk spending how ever much per week on extortianate odds in the hope that they will win and be able to buy something nice. try getting a job you lazy bone idle bunch. if i were prime minister (god help us) the 1st thing i would do would be to ban the lottery. oh and before anyone starts with the lottery funding this that and the other dont bother its all just a money making scam IMO

phew i feel much better now :-D

ips - 2012-08-17 12:20 PM

seriously though what the hell is joe average going to do with that much money, i dont and never have done the lottery as i find it tacky and obscene i beleive that it has been detrimental to the country as it has made a generation of folk spending how ever much per week on extortianate odds in the hope that they will win and be able to buy something nice. try getting a job you lazy bone idle bunch. if i were prime minister (god help us) the 1st thing i would do would be to ban the lottery. oh and before anyone starts with the lottery funding this that and the other dont bother its all just a money making scam IMO

Dunno why it upsets you so much if it's not costing you anything.

Some of the money is put to good use, and as it is a voluntary tax, ( which I choose not to pay), I can't really see any objection to it.

;-)

malc d - 2012-08-17 12:29 PM

ips - 2012-08-17 12:20 PM

Dunno why it upsets you so much if it's not costing you anything.

Some of the money is put to good use, and as it is a voluntary tax, ( which I choose not to pay), I can't really see any objection to it.

;-)

I dont know why either but it just does.... I am a bit self opinionated you know :-D

My Father was a member of a football pools syndicate while working at the Rootes car factory and they won some money in the early 70's. My Fathers share was just over £7000 and that set him up for the rest of his life.

At the time he was saving up to get his own pub, so following the win he was able to get a tenacy of a Fullers house. When he left the pub he bought a general store and another house. So that £7000 enabled him to work for himself and have a comfortable lifestyle.

Archived