Hormone on me lawn £105

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Anybody else used it? :D...................Had a quote from Greenthumb, apparently it last's 8 to 10 weeks, which if it works will be useful now we go away for longer, as in June we came back to this 8-)

P1000256web.jpg.5714969560012a5cd082364271a86579.jpg

pelmetman - 2012-08-16 6:39 PM

Anybody else used it? :D...................Had a quote from Greenthumb, apparently it last's 8 to 10 weeks, which if it works will be useful now we go away for longer, as in June we came back to this 8-)

8-) .....you could have 2½ years CC membership for that!!

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2012-08-16 6:52 PM

8-) .....you could have 2½ years CC membership for that!!

;-)

My point exactly ;-).....................It's all about value for money :D

Well we only went away for 6 weeks in May/June, and had talked about the grass and other plants and what we would come back to; but hadn't made a decision!!

Next time we go away when grass is in grow mode we'll arrange a grass cutting service once a fortnight maybe; and I think it will cost less.

I attach a pic of grass on our return; the van adds scale!!

cheers

alanb

grass.jpg.08da57000abbe22427515450187b02dd.jpg

malc d - 2012-08-16 8:16 PM

We went away for five weeks in June, and, when we came back the grass was long.

So we cut it.

Sorted.

( So what's the problem ?)

;-)

Yes but think of the poor nabours who have to look at that long grass

:D

colin - 2012-08-16 8:23 PM

malc d - 2012-08-16 8:16 PM

We went away for five weeks in June, and, when we came back the grass was long.

So we cut it.

Sorted.

( So what's the problem ?)

;-)

Yes but think of the poor nabours who have to look at that long grass

:D

Always give them permission to cut it if it becomes an eyesore.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Aaah but that's just GRASS.................................... none of you appear to be lawn anoraks :$.................If you look to the left of my pic you'll see the faint traces of the stripes my lawn normally show :D

The only grass anorak on here appears to be me, in the heavy growing season my grass is cut on monday, wednesday and friday, apart from treatments to green up your lawn and make it grow you can buy an inhibiter to slow growth when you are away, but then again I am a grass man and I know about things like that.

pelmetman - 2012-08-16 8:46 PM

Aaah but that's just GRASS.................................... none of you appear to be lawn anoraks :$.................If you look to the left of my pic you'll see the faint traces of the stripes my lawn normally show :D

I would arrest you in the name of the law for cruelty to grass.

Ah well, if you're one of those blokes that can't tolerate the sight of grass growing naturally in your garden, maybe it's time to restrict your motorhome trips to one week at a time, or sell the motorhome and take up stamp collecting.

(lol)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2012-08-17 9:15 AM

Ah well, if you're one of those blokes that can't tolerate the sight of grass growing naturally in your garden, maybe it's time to restrict your motorhome trips to one week at a time, or sell the motorhome and take up stamp collecting.

(lol)

Do you not appreciate a finely mowed sward Malc? 8-)...................

pelmetman - 2012-08-17 12:39 PM

Do you not appreciate a finely mowed sward Malc? 8-)...................

Nothing wrong with ' finely mowed ' ( as long as it's not too short ).

I just like it to look like natural grass, and not a Black Watch tartan tablecloth.

( ......... and a few daisies sets it off nicely ! )

;-)

45 or so years ago my wife and I begat a daughter. She still lives in the same village and cuts our lawns for us when we are away. It's a good solution but an expensive one bringing up a daughter and especially getting her married off has been expensive. Thank goodness there were no universitie fees in those days.

Possible solutions Dave:

1) Pay someone (a boy scout) to cut it whilst you're away - painful I know, but better to have something done to look after it than leave it to go 'ferral'!!!

2) Replace it with artificial turf (Don Madge has had his front lawn replaced with this stuff and just needs to give it a brush/vacuum every now and then I believe!) - although this would probably cost a lot more than paying a local 'boy scout' to cut it for you.

3) You stay at home and Sue can go away on her own - what bliss (... for her of course! :D ).

Seriously though, it is actually a good idea to get someone to keep gardens well tended and lawns cut as it stops the local oiks knowing that you're away on holiday and your pad it just waiting to have it's contents liberated ... or for squatters to move in (people in the house and sheep on the lawn! ;-) )

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2012-08-17 10:54 PM

Seriously though, it is actually a good idea to get someone to keep gardens well tended and lawns cut as it stops the local oiks knowing that you're away on holiday and your pad it just waiting to have it's contents liberated ... or for squatters to move in (people in the house and sheep on the lawn! ;-) )

The cost of having it cut would be more if we had it cut every week whilst away ;-)..........plus I always screw our back gates shut :D........and as you know the house is up for sale and we have given the agents a key, so it makes sense for the garden to look as neat as possible as hopefully its one of house's main features...........that and the...................... GARAGE FOR A MOTORHOME ;-) :D :D

If you engage a quality gardener like what I am your problems are over, you come home from work or from one of your long trips away your garden is in pristine order.

An umkempt garden is an invitation to a villain, your gardener, apart from maintaining your garden also keeps any eye on your property, a running overflow pipe for example? anything untoward he can give you a ring, peace of mind all for a few quid a week.

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2012-08-18 9:12 AM

If you engage a quality gardener like what I am your problems are over, you come home from work or from one of your long trips away your garden is in pristine order.

An umkempt garden is an invitation to a villain, your gardener, apart from maintaining your garden also keeps any eye on your property, a running overflow pipe for example? anything untoward he can give you a ring, peace of mind all for a few quid a week.

Well if you fancy popping over here once a week for £25 quid Malcolm ;-).................I'll even throw in a cuppa tea....................bargain? :D

Some of my garden work is weekly or fortnightly and for that you get your garden tended and to a degree you have your own personal security man where if you spot something untoward you can either phone the customer or alert the next door neighbour.

Several times I have disturbed a potential thief and even found a back door or window that has been smashed by a villain and the house robbed, being on the job meant that I could phone the police and make the property secure much to the undying gratitude of the customer.

A gardener like me is more than just a gardener, I am a friend, an adviser, a father confessor and a marital advisor who calls round winter and summer, a jolly good chap in all.

• 2 months later...
Guest pelmetman

Thought I'd up date this thread with before and after pic's after our month away in September and using the "Slow Mo" treatment ;-)..............

P1000369web.jpg.829fa274c42c17b826cac422d94c0709.jpg

DSCN2325web.jpg.f1d4daf6a72c34f8c39e0df6f69bab54.jpg

Archived