Leeds Festival HELP

yeti

Daughter has just dropped a bombshell. She is going to the Leeds festival tomorrow and her lift has cancelled,so Dad now has been asked to 'Taxi'! We may as well make the most of it,unfortunately she cannot leave work until 6p.m so we won't be leaving until 7 p.m., we will probably be looking fo somewhere about 10 p.m.-any suggestions pub, layby or even campsite with a laid back owner who doesn't mind late arrivals and a dog. The festival is at Bramham park nearer to Tadcaster than Leeds off the A1.

And we will pootle over the Yorkshire moors and pick her up on Monday.

All suggestions gratefully received.

nowtelse2do - 2012-08-21 9:17 PM

If coming North on the A1(M) Take the Wetherby sign, to the roundabout (Hotel in front of you) then turn left, a few hundred yards down the Leeds rd there are 2 big layby's, one on either side of the road.

Dave

Thing is with these lay bys they are fairly steep ones..there is a lorry park in Wetherby but not sure of it's location...

EDIT: The lorry Park is on Hallfield Lane Wetherby..however there is talk of closing it It may still be available...

Thanks gents,just been on the festival site and it informed me that the routes are on the highways agency's site. I am coming from the West on the M62 and the route is signed from JCN 29,I am forced to travel North so I will investigate the Wetherby location.

Thanks gents,just been on the festival site and it informed me that the routes are on the highways agency's site. I am coming from the West on the M62 and the route is signed from JCN 29,I am forced to travel North so I will investigate the Wetherby location.

The lorry park in the middle of Wetherby just behind Morrisons is still open, might be a bit noisy in the morning. There is also a good layby just out of Tadcaster on the A659 Boston Spa road, not right on the road, plenty of space, no HGVs, and dog walking nearby. Also car parks in Tadcaster are free, no barriers, should be no problems for one night. You could also sample Sam Smiths beer - plenty of his pubs there, but remember they all close 11.00 pm prompt. Ask the locals about the owner of the brewery and you will get a few good tales!

Thanks for the info,went there last night and spent a quite night apart from being able to hear,faintly,the festival,but it didn't disturb us.

We were about 15 minutes from the Festival site, collected daughter and her chum and then off the site and on our way home by 9-30.

Many thanks

Archived