fuelpump problem

helstone

Hallo guys, im new here and i hope i can get some help. A bought a ford transit 2.2 ltr and the car was assambelt with a automaric transmition but this trasmition was broken so we made a big change and change the whole things to a manuell transmition. But since that time we try to strart the car the engine tourns arround but want run. So we open one of the connection with feed the cylinder direkt with diesel frome pump but there was not any drop diesel. But wen we run the car wen the auromatic still aivable the car was running. So my question is is t possible tha the automatic car and the manuell car has a different i called elektronik box wich is in the right site of car when u look from the front site of the engine wich is build in the board. Hope you understand what i wane say. Sorry for my bad neglisch but im german. It would be nice to get idaers. Rgs helstone

A 2.2litre diesel motor was first fitted to front-wheel drive versions of the Ford Transit Mk-7 in 2006 and, as far as I am aware, there has never been a Transit Mk-7 with an automatic transmission.

The last Transit with an 'automatic' gearbox was the Mk-6 manufactured from 2000-2006. This was the "Durashift EST'" transmission - a robotised manual gearbox - that was fitted to a limited range of rear-wheel drive Transits powered by a 2.4litre diesel motor.

I would expect the Engine Control Unit (ECU) to be different for an automatic-gearbox vehicle to that of a manual-gearbox equivalent, and it would not surprise me if, having replaced an automatic gearbox with a manual one, that the motor would fail to start. But that is just educated guesswork..

You might try asking about this on the Ford Transit forum

http://fordtransit.org/forum/

Archived