Ezetow Trailer

fairweather camper

Hi All

Just thought I would share with you my delight in this trailer, we have been all over France and Germany with it, and it behaved very well, as we were coming home it developed a very small problem, I rang Ezetow and their Customer Service is brilliant, it was sorted straight away with no quibble.

It is well made and does the job great.

PS I have no connection with the firm, just a happy customer.

Regards Val

Personally do not give a damn about the possible legal problems, it is very doubtfull any police force will be aware. This was discussed on recent thread and i to have come to conclusion this is the way to go, I can also have a slightly larger scooter as well. Nice to hear all went well, what was the problem you had?

Hi

Can you tell me what is special about this trailer and what the legal problems are/were?

It seems quite pricey at £1,300 as against £380 for a standard motorcycle trailer and I am interested to know what you get for the money. Does it have a ramp and is it manual or hydraulic/power assisted? Also how does it turn when it is connected at 3 points?

Mike

It's a great idea and solution, but I concur with some of the other postings that IMHO it is overpriced especially when you add on the cost of a towbar etc.

I am looking for such a solution in the very near future, but an AlKo approved motorcycle carrier (not tow bar mounted) comes in around 1200 Euros, which is what, £1000? OK, I'd have to go to Germany, but I can easily factor that in a trip abroad.

sean.clarke - 2012-09-03 4:45 PM

It's a great idea and solution, but I concur with some of the other postings that IMHO it is overpriced especially when you add on the cost of a towbar etc.

I am looking for such a solution in the very near future, but an AlKo approved motorcycle carrier (not tow bar mounted) comes in around 1200 Euros, which is what, £1000? OK, I'd have to go to Germany, but I can easily factor that in a trip abroad.

It is not just a question of sticking a rack on the back. We have carried a scooter for some years now and with our new panel van this option would seem a good solution. The price when compared to German versions of the same thing looks good value. It also means we do not have to worry about weight of the bike so can upgrade from our current Honda Innova.

Mike B. - 2012-09-03 2:30 PM

Hi

Can you tell me what is special about this trailer and what the legal problems are/were?

It seems quite pricey at £1,300 as against £380 for a standard motorcycle trailer and I am interested to know what you get for the money. Does it have a ramp and is it manual or hydraulic/power assisted? Also how does it turn when it is connected at 3 points?

Mike

The legality of these trailers is academic rather than real. The makers attempted to get the EZETOW registered as a trailer but, daft as it seems, the VOSA insist it is regarded as a rack.

As a rack the trailer and scooter/motorbike weight are added to the weight of the vehicle which takes the whole weight above the permissable payload.

However, nobody in authority is likely to be aware of this as the EZETOW to all intents and purposes is a trailer. Following many exchanges on this issue on the MHF site EZETOW were persuaded again to meet with the VOSA; that has happened and a decision is awaited.

These things may be academic to most.

However I think it is a responsible manufacturer that tries to deal with the issue. This will also allow EZETOW more customers should it get resolved to a sensible conclusion. Some may not wish to be driving round waiting to become the first to fight the legal system and become the 'stated case'.

It is a bit like the A frame saga over the years but at least EZETOW are doing something about it. Shame that there are not more manufacturers that are wiling to deal with the issue at source.

I do still laugh at the manufacturer that advertises they will pay any fines, that is very nice of them but its not them that is gripping the rail in front of the beak!

Hi,
OK,,,,so has the VOSA now changed from their original decision from calling it a Rack,  to now calling it a Trailer ?. This would be a positive step as it would go a long way in solving this problem, (that is, if this change is furnished in writing from them),
Regards,
Brendan

rupert123 - 2012-09-05 4:24 PM

For anyone interested the Ezetow has been classified as a trailor.

This must have just happened as their last post on 25 August on this subject on MHF states this:

"Hi all. No news is good news!!! Meeting went well with guys from VCA and VOSA last Monday. We were advised that a definite clarification on our Ezetow would be given to us by Friday 24/8 however when I spoke to them yesterday, they advised that we would now not receive their response until next week. So we wait until this is received and we will update the forums and our website when we receive the VCA response. We will be at the Lincolnshire end of season finale for the weekend 21/9 and we hope to introduce the Ezetow to as many of you as possible. Regards, Dave and Cliff."

They have not updated their position on MHF as far as I can tell.

It does look like a great product and, although seemingly expensive, is one third of the price of their European competitors.

onecal - 2012-09-05 5:34 PM

Hi,

OK,,,,so has the VOSA now changed from their original decision from calling it a Rack,  to now calling it a Trailer ?. This would be a positive step as it would go a long way in solving this problem, (that is, if this change is furnished in writing from them),
Regards,
Brendan

I spoke to them today and they told me that they had confirmation from vosa and vca yesterday. Personally it makes no differance to me what they call it but it seems to matter to some.

So,
Am I to take it so that the VOSA has made their decision before next week as previously stated and it is now considered a trailer with this is in writing from them?
This would be a positive step as it would go a long way in solving this problem
Regards,
Brendan

Archived