Before we go..A new table

snowie

Our PVC was designed to have a table "sticking out from" the dashboard, so that we face each other and can look out of the windscreen, admiring the view. Seats swivel to face each other and it works ok.

In the last 2 years this arrangement has become a bit more restrictive, because of "hip problems".

So when we saw the "Dave" computer table in IKEA, we thought it might work, and it turns out to be damn nearly the same shape as the piece of plywood I'd cut out as a template! Just got to fit it to the Fiamma mount and away we go.

Thought it might be of interest if you are looking for a similar arrangement. It cost £17; which is £63 less than I was charged for a 60cm Formica table top when we had some mod's done on the original layout.

Dave comes in red, white or black,

regards

alan b

DSC_4179.jpg.391d161624cb20f83054e818a4cd3e60.jpg

DSC_4178.jpg.da5e9d53478f8c672587d87e2769d167.jpg

Hi Snowie

I too saw the table in Ikea a few months back and thought the same as you. I had considered buying one to use in the motorhome as well as a free-standing table but from memory I don't think it folds down completely for storage although I'm sure this could be got around.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00120818/#/20078234

A nice piece of kit especially at the price.

Mel B - 2012-09-02 7:25 AM

Hi Snowie

I too saw the table in Ikea a few months back and thought the same as you. I had considered buying one to use in the motorhome as well as a free-standing table but from memory I don't think it folds down completely for storage although I'm sure this could be got around.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00120818/#/20078234

A nice piece of kit especially at the price.

Hi Mel;

we have a Fiamma tripod that has never really fitted the shape of space we have, but I think this would.

We'll certainly give it a try maybe even outdoors at some point, but not this trip,

regards

alan b

Archived