Shambles Britain

nightrider

Guest Peter James
antony1969 - 2012-09-09 7:45 PM

Jubilee and Royal Wedding were both successes for The Royals .

*-) Her Majesty's constabulary were out in force at the Jubilee to corral demonstrators behind wire fences well away from the riverside where they could be seen on Television

Peter James - 2012-09-10 9:32 AM

*-) Her Majesty's constabulary were out in force at the Jubilee to corral demonstrators behind wire fences well away from the riverside where they could be seen on Television

Didn't see that Peter not even on the leftie BBC , I assume where talking of thousands of demonstrators then ?

Guest Peter James
antony1969 - 2012-09-10 12:27 PM

Peter James - 2012-09-10 9:32 AM

Didn't see that Peter not even on the leftie BBC , I assume where talking of thousands of demonstrators then ?

Yep. http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/16708

PS: Is the leftie BBC the same BBC that plays 'God Save The Queen' *-)

Peter I know nothing of Ekklesia so cant really comment on the source . Your link says around 1000 protesters , as with all demonstrations the numbers are always on the high side so probably nearer 700/800 , hardly a resounding down with the monarchy shout is it ? . There were probably more people out supporting our council workers in there fight against redundancies .

Am I right in thinking you are suggesting the BBC does not lean to the left because it plays the National Anthem at shut down ( does it shut down these days ? )

• 2 weeks later...

May I as a foreigner just say that, you or someone you know voted more than once for Margaret Thatcher and you got an extreme right wing government.She actually said that "Society as such does not exist", she encouraged the police, previously apolitical, to do as they damn well liked and they loved it.

Now they are facing cuts and you are accepting street wardens.

You or someone you know asked to be treated like dirt and bless, you got it.

Too important to join Europe, too poor not to,still clinging to a Queen.

Her relatives caused the Great War,some say not that great, and dada let the Kaiser retire safely to Holland. Either grow some, or stop moaning.

Guest Peter James
WA Michael - 2012-09-21 5:14 AM

May I as a foreigner just say that, you or someone you know voted more than once for Margaret Thatcher and you got an extreme right wing government.She actually said that "Society as such does not exist", she encouraged the police, previously apolitical, to do as they damn well liked and they loved it.

Her relatives caused the Great War,some say not that great, and dada let the Kaiser retire safely to Holland. Either grow some, or stop moaning.

Actually the majority of those who voted did not vote for Thatcher. I think the maximum her government ever got was about 36% of the vote?

(and they lectured Arthur Scargill, who got in with 73% of the vote, on Democracy *-) )

Of course, we have never been allowed a vote on our Head of State.

Peter James - 2012-09-21 8:23 AM

Actually the majority of those who voted did not vote for Thatcher. I think the maximum her government ever got was about 36% of the vote?

(and they lectured Arthur Scargill, who got in with 73% of the vote, on Democracy *-) )

Very well pointed out Peter..

..and we're still getting the same old, "..but only xx% voted for industrial action.." anti-union bo**oxs! *-)

Peter James - 2012-09-21 8:23 AM

WA Michael - 2012-09-21 5:14 AM

Of course, we have never been allowed a vote on our Head of State.

But the majority voted even less for 2nd place labour and 3rd place libs , that's democracy

Archived