Love my Ducato but this puts the LID on it?

snowie

Hi all;

we've had the judder, the wheezy EGR, the faulty wheel cradle, and the headlamp leveller, but this one takes the biscuit!

Am I the only one with a Ducato 3 Series,(mines 08 reg) that has a faulty central glovebox ( it's a bit big for gloves) that won't stay in the closed position?

I've rung my local Fiat Commercial parts dept, and they want £105 for a replacement lid. Can't just get the latch. This is pathetic in my opinion.

Has anyone on the list found a decent breaker who communicates on the phone rather than via internet.

I've filled in forms and waited for replies but have given up.

Left it late ( we're off to Croatia on Saturday : at last!!) but will explore as soon as we get back.

Any recommendations welcome,

cheers

alan b

I'm probably stating the obvious...but is it just the catch assembly that needs a bit of adjustment?

(..any slotted holes or fixings that can be tweeked or "packed out" a bit? ...)

Although it stayed shut,I recall that the one we had our previous '07 Pug didn't follow the "contures" of the dash very well.....

pepe63 - 2012-09-06 11:34 AM

I'm probably stating the obvious...but is it just the catch assembly that needs a bit of adjustment?

(..any slotted holes or fixings that can be tweeked or "packed out" a bit? ...)

Although it stayed shut,I recall that the one we had our previous '07 Pug didn't follow the "contures" of the dash very well.....

Hi there, it's definately the latch, there's a small hook that grips a staple that is fixed to the bulkhead, and it skews sideways as it's not restrained in a sideways direction, although there's a spring adjacent to it, on what acts as a sort of "axle". Can't see how I can dismantle and put back together!

Ours isn't a bad fit actually, problem is with the latch,

thanks for suggestions.

Thanks also to Laurence, I'll give them a ring

cheers

alan b

Archived