Current Draw

tonyfletcher

Sounds about right to me, with the panel on you have the consumption of the panel, the charger comes out of standby mode, water dump valve takes 35ma & if the radio is connect to the leisure battery that will be drawing some current as well.

Our Hymer varies between 0.4 -0.6A, My estimate with the panel off is about 0.1A.

dawki - 2012-09-14 2:05 PM

Hi My A/T panel shows a draw of 0.1 with nothing on 0.4 seems a bit high. have you tried resetting the panel as described in the manual

Resetting the panel will not change the current flow just the display!

There may be nowt wrong at all as it might depend on how the panel was set up in the first place?

To reset the current draw display disconnect the leisure batteries and any solar or charging circuits then press and hold the middle button on the panel with the amperage shown until the reading changes - I think!

Have you got the A/T entertainment system turned off as well as any other bits of kit including the TV

aerial signal booster?

If it is a problem with flattened batteries a battery isolator switch will solve it once and for all.

So will a solar panel and regulator but that costs a lot more!

Standby current for the TV when it is turned OFF via the remote control?

Supply current for the reversing camera. The monitor may well be off but is the camera?

Light on in a cupboard?

Quiescent current for the Fridge?

Standby current for the satellite system.

Someone has re-wired the radio so it does not time out?

Inverter happy buzzing away to itself in a locker?

Just a few.

God luck

Pulling fuses is the best way to trace it if its real.

C.

Archived