The Menopause......

Guest pelmetman

PeteH - 2012-09-20 8:37 PM

Hi

Doesn't matter what you do, Your Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been there, got the T shirt, all the medals etc;

Pete

... just be grateful that:

1. You didn't have it

2. That the menopause 'olympics' are over!

pelmetman - 2012-09-20 7:20 PM

Once you came out the other side.............as a man what happened? 8-)

If you want a 'serious' answer then here it is:

It's horrible ... nothing can describe how crappy it is, no control of how you feel, both mentally and physically. The night sweats are horrendous and you get very little sleep ... you try sleep deprivation for years! The day sweats are no better - they come on all of a sudden and within seconds your temperature has risen massively and you have to somehow cool down before you faint from the excessive heat, which usually means taking off your coat, jumper etc and as much other clothing as you can whilst still remaining decent! Then it can either last ages, or disappear as quickly as it came, and you are then back to 'normal' heat which in the middle of winter means you're now freezing and can't get your stuff back on quick enough!!! This can happen numerous times a day ... several times an hour isn't unusual ... *-)

If you're lucky it will only last a few years and won't be too bad (yeah, really ... a man must've made that one up! >:-( ). In severe cases it can be really debilitating - you can't concentrate, work is difficult, you swing from tears to tantrums for no reason and can go on for many more years, in fact I understand that for some it never totally stops (guess which category I fall into ... lucky me! :-( ).

Mine started in the summer of 2005 at the ripe 'old age' of 42 (very early apparently) and I'm still having some of the 'symptoms' ... that's over 7 years later!!! 8-)

So, if you 'bump' into me at the Lincoln show (I might be going) be afraid, be very afraid!!! >:-)

Know what you mean Mel......us men suffer just the same. Just for instance, I have been looking at buying a Triumph TR4 IRS or a Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite, even a Lotus Cortina MkII was targeted, And I too was sweating and dribbling. And if Eve finds out, I will be sweating and dribbling more. Suppose I'll just have to pause. :-D

How's the Flying Plum? :-D

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2012-09-20 10:25 PM

Know what you mean Mel......us men suffer just the same. Just for instance, I have been looking at buying a Triumph TR4 IRS or a Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite, even a Lotus Cortina MkII was targeted, And I too was sweating and dribbling. And if Eve finds out, I will be sweating and dribbling more. Suppose I'll just have to pause. :-D

How's the Flying Plum? :-D

Dave

If Eve finds out I think 'tears and tantrums' might come into it ... you in tears, her having the tantrum! :D

As for the Smart - had another run out in it today and it goes like brown stuff off a shovel!!! 8-) Currently sorting out a spare key and getting it coded (cor blimey it can be expensive especially if you go to Mercedes dealer! 8-) ) and hubby's been buying some bits for it (manual, tyre repair kit etc). Got recovery for £11 for the year through one of the discount sites which is great. Been too busy to give it a proper clean up yet so hubby will be doing it tomorrow weather permitting so 'he' should look nice and shiney then ... thinking of calling 'him' Perky as in Pinky and Perky :-D although I do like 'the flying plum'!!! :D

I think I will have to buy her a nice present. If I get her one of the cars she should be happy with that I think. I know she has no licence *-) so I'll volunteer to drive it for her :-D Gosh..!! I think that just might work........might need a plan B if it doesn't 8-)

Hey Mel, looked at a TR6 same colour as the Smart B-)

Dave

Archived