Forgive me for I have sinned ...

Mel B

We have spent some more dosh on a new 'goodie' for the camper ... :D

After saying that we would never buy another wind-out awning :$ ... we have succumbed and bought a new Fiamma F65 3.7m wind-out awning in 'Titanium' colour! We mentioned to Russ (of O'leary's) at the Shepton Show that we were looking for a caravanstore type awning (much cheaper) but have since realised that that wouldn't work on our camper, so hubby rang this morning and was told that they were going to the warehouse this afternoon and would see what they had, we then got a call to say they had just the one for £380 (ex-Discover Leisure stock). Whilst the cardboard box was battered the awning only has one very small mark on the very end of the front capping which won't be seen so well happy; we've also ordered the brackets for it too so for at total of £450, which is about £150 under what it should have cost, we're well chuffed. :->

We weren't going to have one at all but looking at all the other options, and as we're going to be having longer trips abroad in the sun (hopefully! ), we'll need some sort of shade for the dogs if not for us and especially for when hubby is BBQ'ing in the rain!!! (lol) We certainly intend to use it a lot more and get our money's worth!!! *-)

Guest JudgeMental
maggyd - 2012-09-21 6:34 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-09-21 6:20 PM

approx £300 in Germany......

Plus another £300 to get there JM (lol)

Oh! Forgot £25 postage (^)

Disappointing subject-matter under a promising title Mel! Is that ALL you can confess??

One thing to watch, in order to get the best from your awning, is the sun. Think carefully about which way round you pitch! Often the main benefit we get from ours is to allow us to keep the sliding door open without the interior turning into an oven - it only provides an outdoor shaded area for a limited time each day, depending which way round we're facing.

So work out when you arrive which way round you'll get the longest shade, and don't take any cr** from jobsworth site-fuhrers about which way looks tidy!

maggyd - 2012-09-21 6:19 PM

(lol) You are really in the spendthrift mood lately Mel , ours is costing about £650 fitted and its black 8-) not sure if its patterned but salesman said it looks smart against the blue.

We've been at the Lincoln show today and saw lots of PVCs with awnings, white, silver and black - they don't do blue! *-) I would imagine the black one will look very smart and at least you won't see the muck on it!!! :D

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2012-09-22 7:24 PM

maggyd - 2012-09-21 6:19 PM

(lol) You are really in the spendthrift mood lately Mel , ours is costing about £650 fitted and its black 8-) not sure if its patterned but salesman said it looks smart against the blue.

We've been at the Lincoln show today and saw lots of PVCs with awnings, white, silver and black - they don't do blue! *-) I would imagine the black one will look very smart and at least you won't see the muck on it!!! :D

Sorry for the delay Mel as just back from the Gower...It was a wind up..could not resist. Happy to see you bite eventually....... I have not the patience of a fisherman :D

Mines Blue? (joking)

Mel B - 2012-09-22 9:58 PM

Maggy, I assume it will be one of these - click on the second picture to enlarge it:

Maggy's awning

in which case it is solid black - I assume they will be fitting the 3.7m version which is the longest one that will go on?

Mmm could be but Im not sure its a Fiamma !! I think Im just going to be patient and see *-) might not get the bl###y van yet !! the way its going!!

JudgeMental - 2012-09-23 1:33 PM

Sorry for the delay Mel as just back from the Gower...It was a wind up..could not resist. Happy to see you bite eventually....... I have not the patience of a fisherman :D

Mines Blue? (joking)

Blue! 8-) Well stop pulling it out when it's cold then!!! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived