Fatwah declared

nightrider

Within five minutes of getting home off holiday I recieved another scam phone call from an Asian type guy saying that I had subscribed to a telephone preferencece company at a cost of £50 which they had deducted from my bank account at 1.45 today.

Strange said I, I dont do that kind of business? no doubt he was trying to get my bank details so he could empty my account, one word led to another and I would not let him talk me down with the result that I called him a black enameld Paki/Indian barsteward and that Allah/Muhammed was a puff and paedophile pansy, by this time the guy was going of his head and he was threatening me with all kinds of death threats, so it might be that I will have to warn my neighbours that if they see any of these guys with AK47's walking down the avenue they are after me, pillock.

I don't get into these sort of phone calls Malc because they are scams or PPi chaser's. I just say " sorry you must have the wrong details, good by".

That aside and OT, in the DM today *-) did anyone spot the white face in the queue of people buying the latest (abt £500) ipod on sale yesterday, none working, except the one with the white face, security person I think. Must have been a holiday for them in the queue >:-(

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2012-09-22 4:40 PM

I don't get into these sort of phone calls Malc because they are scams or PPi chaser's. I just say " sorry you must have the wrong details, good by".

That aside and OT, in the DM today *-) did anyone spot the white face in the queue of people buying the latest (abt £500) ipod on sale yesterday, none working, except the one with the white face, security person I think. Must have been a holiday for them in the queue >:-(

Dave

My way of thinking is that if you dont have a white face and you come from foreign parts you dont have to work and if you have a rake of kids no problemo you just sit there while some kind hearted council give you a house with a market value of a million plus.

I've had a couple lately claiming to be from the "Windows Service Centre," calling about a "problem with my computer."

I suppose there must still be people out there who take these things at face value, and let them take control of their computers, otherwise they wouldn't bother.

The other ones I've had lately are the "claims management" guys. Last one was "from my motor insurers, calling about a recent minor accident I or a member of my household had suffered."

"OK," says I, if you're from my insurers, tell me the name of the company."

He hung up.

The other thing that makes them hang up quickly is to say "This number is registered with the Telephone Preference Service. Please tell me who gave it to you."

Archived