storage boxes

camocam1

You'd need to fabricate some kind of fixing system, aluminium angle maybe, but Really Useful Boxes are indeed just that:

I use them for all sorts and am impressed.

You can also buy aluminium boxes designed for the 'overlander' market but they are expensive. An internet search will reveal the kind of thing.

Not sure what you envision but you will probably encounter ground clearance problems if you are not careful.

camocam1 - 2012-09-27 2:56 PM

anyone know of lightweigh storage boxes (for 2 camping chairs and small table) that could be fixed under the rear of MH (ace milano) can't fix to the back as have bike rack and dont want to fix to the roof.

any suggestions would be welcomed

Wouldn't it be possible to instead put them on the bike rack in a 'bag/cover' of some sort? Then put your bikes on? It is possible to get longer supports for the bike rack (a 4 bike rack type instead of a 2 bike rack type for example). This is assuming that you will still have enough weight capacity on the rack for them.

camocam1 - 2012-09-27 2:56 PM

anyone know of lightweigh storage boxes (for 2 camping chairs and small table) that could be fixed under the rear of MH (ace milano) can't fix to the back as have bike rack and dont want to fix to the roof.

any suggestions would be welcomed

Hi camocam1

On a previous Bessacarr with Bike Rack, I had a box made that fitted between the rear of the Van & the Bike Rack. It was clamped from internal to the Rack.

Wouldn't suit your requirement as it would not take a table, but took Fishing Rods & folding chairs.

The principle could be a possible solution if the depth of the Bike Rack mountings is sufficient for your table, then have a side door entry.

IMO better than mounting under the Van & collecting all the road dirt.

Sorry I don't have a photo which may have shown the principle better than my explanation.

Archived