break down cover

tommydud

Dont know about in France but in England DONT go with RAC because if you happen to run into a flood and ask for assistance you wont get it as it is deemed to be YOUR OWN FAULT!!! as my Son now know to his own cost even though it was pitch black on the moors.

maggyd - 2012-09-28 2:46 PM

Dont know about in France but in England DONT go with RAC because if you happen to run into a flood and ask for assistance you wont get it as it is deemed to be YOUR OWN FAULT!!! as my Son now know to his own cost even though it was pitch black on the moors.

Not sure how this can be anyone else's fault except your son's though Maggy .... I assume he drove into a flood on the road ... in which case he can't have been driving carefully/slowly enough ... sorry if that seems harsh, but I can't see how else he could have ended up in this situation, short of it being a flash flood which actually hit his car, rather than him running into a flood. :-S

Mel he was on a Moor road that he wasnt familiar with in the pitch dark there were a couple of cars that he passed coming from the opposite direction ! he braked when his headlights picked up the flood but misjudged the situation, he was three quarters across when he suddenly hit deeper water and stalled! on hindsite yes he should have turned around and gone back the way he had come from, he made a judgement that got him into trouble he is 50 year old not a kid. When you buy breakdown cover you would expect a sympathetic response at the very least not to be left in the pitch dark up to your arse in water and be told tough get yourself out.

tommydud - 2012-09-28 3:19 PM

anyone living in france with motor home any advice breakdown cover in france. ACDC etc,

other than add on to car insurance .thanks

I don't live in France but I do have a motorhome and I use this company for Europe wide breakdown cover: http://www.aria-assistance.co.uk/customer?referrer=1

Only one of many providing similar service, I suspect.

Archived