Mathematical question

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

My new camera produces BIG images. they can be over 3.0 Mb

max on here is a miserly 100kb

If I import into Paint I get the choice of reducing it from 100

question is: is there a formula to do a math equation to reduce all images to 100Kb

If you open picture with Microsoft office picture manager, (right click on photo, scroll down to 'open with' then pick MOPM) go to 'picture' on tool bar, click and it will give a drop down menu, click on 'resize' and it will give you lots of set sizes plus custom zoom. If you want to post one on here pick 'small email' size then ok then save as 'xxx' and you will have a copy but in very small size suitable for on line posting

Mike

Guest JudgeMental

partial sucess :-S Jeremy your orogram a bit to complicated for me so used Mikes. but when I right clicked I did not get the options Mike posted: "right click on photo, scroll down to 'open with' then pick MOPM"

So I just used trial and error. here is pic of boat we saw in Croatia it is called Noor. it is 80kb image so will play some more to get images a little larger:-D

link to how the other half live:

http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=motor-yacht-noor-6044

Noor.jpg.f222aefbf51aa4706023b5335d204008.jpg

I assume you are using jpeg, jpeg's ignore the any white in the picture so the file size can vary enormously depending on white content. Assuming you are using true colour (16.8 million colours), there is no white in the picture, each pixel will be 24 bits, armed with that information you can now work it out. :D

I usually use Google's Picasa for resizing I use the "Export" feature I find selecting 400 or 420 pixels normally brings them under the magic 100k.

JudgeMental - 2012-09-29 1:28 PM

partial sucess :-S Jeremy your orogram a bit to complicated for me so used Mikes. but when I right clicked I did not get the options Mike posted: "right click on photo, scroll down to 'open with' then pick MOPM"

So I just used trial and error. here is pic of boat we saw in Croatia it is called Noor. it is 80kb image so will play some more to get images a little larger:-D

http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=motor-yacht-noor-6044

Hi Eddie, after looking on the link I suppose a straight swap for our 'Bessie, would not be acceptable to Charterworld ha

derek

Guest JudgeMental
derek pringle - 2012-10-01 12:06 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-09-29 1:28 PM

Hi Eddie, after looking on the link I suppose a straight swap for our 'Bessie, would not be acceptable to Charterworld ha

derek

we were out cycling and spotted this boat coming in to Rab Town..... if you look closely the captain is standing on roof? and bringing boat into harbor by the remote control he is holding! as we cycled past port later the ladies on higher deck being served drinks on silver tray where joined by the oligarch in white linen suit.... :D

Eddie - have you got Microsoft Office Picture Manager on your PC?

If so, if you use this to open your picture:

1. Make a COPY of your picture and then RIGHT click on the COPY

2. Select OPEN WITH

3. Click on MICROSOFT OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER (MOPM) *

4. On the TOOLBAR click on PICTURE then COMPRESS PICTURE

5. You then get a choice: - Don't compress / Documents / Web pages / E-mail messages

6. Click on WEB PAGES - the Estimate Total Size at the bottom right will tell you what the original size is and what the compressed size will be - for 3mb you should just come in under the 100kb mark.

7. Click on OK.

(* You can set it as your default viewer by replacing 3. above with CHOOSE DEFAULT PROGRAM and follow the instructions on screen, then every time you open a picture in the future it will show it in MOPM.)

Guest JudgeMental
Ta Mel. tried that..original 3.02 meg selected what you said and it came up with 64kb which a bit small ..but when i saved it it droped to 44kb! *-)

1714977466_Croatiaend182.JPG.da761c213f15556d5532f46374ea1339.JPG

• 2 years later...

Archived