Terrible Weather in Southern Spain.

nowtelse2do

All OK here, Costa Blanca north region.

The rain-storm that swept up the coast, over and past us last night though had to be seen to be believed.

The weather people said it had lost most of it's strength as it had been dumping simply awesome amounts of rain all the time it had been sweeping West to East along Spain's souther coast, and then turned northwards across us.

Given the astonishing intensity of the rain on us in the couple of hours it took to pass by, I cannot imagine just how much the people further south had dumped on them.

This morning though, back to sunshine and blue skies, and now this evening a huge thunderstorm is brewing across our valley. Wierd.

BGD - 2012-09-29 7:20 PM

Given the astonishing intensity of the rain on us in the couple of hours it took to pass by, I cannot imagine just how much the people further south had dumped on them.

I read reports that 245 litres of rain per 1 sq m fell yesterday which by anyone's standards is a LOT!

Syd - 2012-09-30 11:38 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-09-29 8:08 PM

SYD! YOU OK! :-S :-|

Hi Judge

Yes we are fine, just a drop of rain really, nothing to write home about.

Benidorm has good drain off facilities.

Thanks for the concern

Guest JudgeMental
Syd - 2012-10-01 8:26 PM

foxy - 2012-10-01 6:05 PM

woops. I know a few people that would disagree with the good drain off in benidorm!!!

They should camp in sensible places then

Exactly... The type that buy houses on flood plains? Some of the sites around where we stayed last year where in dips and can imagine the mess they are in now...

Archived