Wiring Diagram for Chausson Flash 04

ChrisDavies

The control panel on the above van (manuf 2011) has a button for an awning light which illuminates when pressed even though no awning light is fitted. I expected it to be an easy job to fit an awning light (right adjacent to the swithch). To my amazement I cannot find a line which is powered when the switch is pressed! The manual does not contain a wiring diagram. can anyone help me locate one or alternatively do they have an answer to where i find a switched power line?

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Chris.

I think your Flash 04 will have an Italian-made CBE electrical system, probably a version of the PC-200 product. There's an English-language Instruction Manual here:

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/pdf/PC100_PC200_DS300_ENcircuits.pdf

that contains a basic wiring diagram. As will be evident from the schematic on Page 33, the system is highly modular with its various sections just plugging together, and with 12V 'services' being cabled from the DS-300 Distribution Box (Page 14) that has a dedicated fuse-way (Fuse 1) for an awning light. You'll note that the awning light is switched off automatically when the vehicle's motor is started.

I have a 2012 Chausson French brochure that indicates that pre-cabling was standard for all Flash models for exterior lighting and a solar-panel. I also have a 2010 Chausson UK brochure, but this states (again for all Flash models) that exterior lighting "Can't be fitted" (ie. it's not even an option). Unfortunately, what I haven't got is a 2011 Chausson brochure, so I've no clue whether pre-cabling for an awning light became standardised for that model-year.

As you can't find a pre-installed cable where you'd expect it to be to power an awning light, then it's tempting to think Chausson hasn't provided one. If that's the case, then installing a cable tidily may prove tricky. If there are 12V reading-lights somewhere near the entrance door, I guess you might be able to piggy-back on their wiring.

The Chausson Flash 04 does indeed have an proper input/connector for an awning light, when we bought a Flash 04 in 2010 we fitted one to it and it and although we had a proper diagram it was impossible to use it as it didn't match fully, so the only way we could do it was with a bit of testing with a multimeter to find the correct connector! There isn't a cable already installed for you just to attach the light to, so you have to put your light on, then put the cables through and connect it up to the right spot.

Hubby seems to think it was a yellow wire on ours but that's all he can remember! :-S

Mel

Not sure if Chris will understand your advice, because I don't. ;-)

Assuming that my guesswork is correct that Chausson employ a CBE system, it's certainly the case that there's an output from the Distribution Box to take a cable to power an awning-light, but I don't think that's what you are referring to.

I wouldn't necessarily expect there to be cables already installed within the motorhome that might be led through the motorhome's bodywork to connect to a light to be screwed to the outside of the vehicle. But I might anticipate there being, within the motorhome, a pre-installed cable with a connector ready (as you've said) to link to wires fed from an exterior light into the vehicle through the bodywork.

Where is the "proper input/connector for an awning light" actually located?

Derek Uzzell - 2012-10-05 9:28 PM

... I might anticipate there being, within the motorhome, a pre-installed cable with a connector ready (as you've said) to link to wires fed from an exterior light into the vehicle through the bodywork.

Where is the "proper input/connector for an awning light" actually located?

It made sense to me when I typed it! :D

From what I can recall behind the control panel (which is located above the habitation door) is a long connector block with the wires from the control panel plugged into it on one side and on the other side, opposite each one, are more connectors with wires going from them to the various items/systems (lighting circuit, water, waste etc). This connector block will have some wires going to it from the control panel but won't have corresponding wires going out opposite - one of these should be the connector point for the awning light.

Chris needs to carefully remove the control panel from it's housing above the door and he will be able to see the 'connector block' I'm referring to - as he'll have to drill a hole through behind the control panel housing anyway (as the awning light fits on the outside of the 'van at this exact point assuming he wants it above the door) he'll need to remove it anyway. Chris will then have to 'identify' the correct connector point for the external light and wire it in as appropriate.

Is that better????? :$

Yes, that's better.

In the space behind the control-panel is a connector-block that accepts the connector-plug for the control-panel's wiring. The connector-block also has some empty sockets and one of these (possibly one with a yellow wire connected to it on its 'opposite side') can be used to provide 12V power to an awning-light

Archived