Internet abroad

Tracker

This Europa Sim looks to be about the best vfm for EU use at 2 euros a day for up to 100mb - has anyone used it with Mifi and an ipad - they say it will work - but does it in the real world?

It costs 39 euros including 5 euros credit, so about £28 for the sim which seems to beat all the usual UK providers by a very wide margin for internet use in the EU?

You do of course also need an unlocked Mifi thingumybob.

Tracker - 2012-10-04 5:54 PM

Tony Jones - 2012-10-04 5:52 PM

- and if someone knows how to do that, please post instructions in plain English!

(sorry for the hijack Richard)

Probably best to buy an unlocked 'un then!

Something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unlocked-Huawei-E5331-MOBILE-BROADBAND/dp/B008926JVK/ref=lh_ni_t

And use a GiffGaff sim for use in the UK.

.There are a number of things to check before committing to the Europa SIM. I spoke to the Motorhome WiFi people at Lincoln and yes they are significantly cheaper the using a UK data SIM but not as cheap as some Spanish data sims. Remember that the unlocked MiFi needs to have it's APN settings changed to suit the replacement SIM. You can do this on a PC or MAC but not on a tablet so the Europa SIM is ideal if you do not have access to a PC in Spain.

If you use the Europa SIM every day is that €60/Month?

Campsite WiFi in Spain varies enormously from good to useless often best at 4 am!!

"Free" WiFi is available if you ask around at the campsites, English bars in Oliva and opposite El Raco in Benidorm were good two years ago and of course McDonalds is OK for checking mail.

Google "Spanish Data SIM" and look for the ex pat and motorhome forums. "Yoigo" seems the best so far but setting the APN in Spain for the MiFi dongle using an Android tablet seems to be impossible.

Guest JudgeMental

Now that Blackberry have withdrawn their international booster deal (£15 a month) that we have used for years and sourly miss, I am looking for an alternative, but they all seem expensive......In Italy and Spain you can pick up local sim. Just get a wifi antenna, last winter mine worked very well with the poor free site wifi

we have the new IPad and need to get a data only sim. You mention Gif Gaf my son said 3 also a good one. Be careful though as some of them offer very poor allowances and I would not be able to even download a Sunday paper

Does a WiFi antenna work with an iPad? I use "3" here in the UK but will probably use Gifgaff next. For Europe wide roaming the Europa SIM details are on www.motorhomewifi.com and they also offer a micro SIM for iPad/Phone. There is a transaction charge for topping up with a credit card, not sure how much but will check with the Motorhome WiFi guy at the NEC show next week.

Archived