Adverts on TV that you like ...

Mel B

Seeing as everyone is enjoying the other thread so much, I thought I'd start one about adverts that we like!

Mash men, of course, :-D and the 'Pheasant' alcohol one is brilliant and I'm wondering what they come up with this year. I also quite like the Direct Line ones, some of the 'one liners' in them are brilliant!!!

Mel B - 2012-10-05 8:21 PM

Seeing as everyone is enjoying the other thread so much, I thought I'd start one about adverts that we like!

Mash men, of course, :-D and the 'Pheasant' alcohol one is brilliant and I'm wondering what they come up with this year. I also quite like the Direct Line ones, some of the 'one liners' in them are brilliant!!!

Do you mean "Grouse" Mel?

If so the bird is not a Pheasant - it is "Famous Grouse" whiskey.

I think my current favourites are the Aldi adverts.

The Honda moving car parts ads were terrific in my view and some of the Ford ones with cars appearing to be made in thin air are amusing - not that it alone would persuade me to look at let alone buy a Ford!

Like most things these days ads have been dumbed down to appeal to those who are perhaps more easily swayed by and advert - and most of them appear to have far less imaginative or creative input - or just cost a lot less to make than they used to!

OOps - sorry Kelvyn - shoulda checked your link before I wrote!!

Yes, the Honda one is brilliant - I couldn't remember which make of car it was though!!! Apparently same problem with the Pheasant Whisky!!! :D :$

Just remembered one I used to like - the Maltesers one with the 'flying saucer' toy .... and of course the Squirrel getting his nuts with the Mission Impossible soundtrack in the background - can't remember what it was advertising though, possibly alcohol?

Tracker - 2012-10-06 4:48 PM

... and most of them appear to have far less imaginative or creative input - or just cost a lot less to make than they used to!

Which is why the VW advert I mentioned up thread stands out. Paula Hamilton, famous soundtrack, filmed by David Bailey…..

And how many of us remember the slow burning, long running Gold Blend ads; the Leonard Rossiter / Joan Collins Cinzano ads, and the OXO ads… or am I hopelessly betraying my age here?

Gwendolyn - 2012-10-06 10:32 PM

And how many of us remember the slow burning, long running Gold Blend ads; the Leonard Rossiter / Joan Collins Cinzano ads, and the OXO ads… or am I hopelessly betraying my age here?

Yup ... I remember the Black Magic ads ... so I'm not far behind you!!! :$

Oooo, just remembered one ... the Dairylea cheese triangle ones ... I still remember the young lad who said about having to give "Veronica Dribblethwaite a kiss"!!! :D

... and the electric power ones featuring the Aardman animated 'creature comfort' animals.

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2012-10-07 10:35 AM

pelmetman - 2012-10-07 8:50 AM

I still miss the test card........never did work out what it was advertising though :-S

T V Maybe???

There's more to it than that.........her doll had scary eyes............and her sums didn't add up 8-)

Archived