We've had a prowler

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

It appears we may of had prowlers whilst we were away >:-(.......... Apparently our Alarm went off about 9pm a week after we left, our neighbours opposite came round to check the house out armed with base ball bats, they have a key but had lost our number so we didn't find out til we got back *-)

Fortunately they didn't get in, can't find any damage though :-S............but our apple trees have been stripped >:-( ...........We have some one in the frame though, our neighbours next door were having new UPVC barge boards and guttering fitted at the same time and they'd of been able to see into our back garden....... *-)

So just guessing but reckon they helped themselves to our apples during the day, sussed the house out then came back >:-(

I wonder if ebay sells land minds? >:-)

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2012-10-11 5:51 PM

pelmetman - 2012-10-11 5:13 PM

I wonder if ebay sells land minds? >:-)

I'll have a think about that..!! :-D

Dave

Finking turf is the answer Dave ;-)

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2012-10-11 8:37 PM

Try one of these Dave. It will frighten the livin' begeesus out of them. http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_44_47&products_id=2964

Thanks for the link Peter................but I assume it needs a blank shot gun cartridge to work?...........Which means I need a shotgun licence? :-S....................unfortunately I'm not the best person to be put in charge of a firearm as I once nearly shot the entire command HMS Cutlass who were on the bridge as we carried out small arms practice 8-) ................I blame the rogue wave..........but fortunately although on automatic I'd run out of bullets by the time I was pointing at the bridge :$

You don't need a licence as it fires blanks. Which you can get off the site. Go for it, you know you want to frighten the crap out of your neighbours. (lol)

I can confirm you do not need a licence - a friend who was a river keeper on the Avon with a Subaru pick up (great vehicles - unbeatable for a small 4x4) kept getting stuff knicked so he rigged up a couple of blanks tp go off when the tailgate was lowered.

The first work him up

The second confirmed they were still there.

His retort ensured they did not come back again.

peter - 2012-10-11 9:47 PM

You don't need a licence as it fires blanks. Which you can get off the site. Go for it, you know you want to frighten the crap out of your neighbours. (lol)

I don't think Troy would be very happy either!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Try one of these Dave. It will frighten the livin' begeesus out of them. http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_44_47&products_id=2964

It is true these things will scare an intruder but they only work once. The intruder and his accomplish now know where the trip wire is located and simply step over it on future visits.

AliB - 2012-10-12 11:27 AM

It is true these things will scare an intruder but they only work once. The intruder and his accomplish now know where the trip wire is located and simply step over it on future visits.

I doubt they would know, as you only need a fishing line of 1lb breaking strain os so. They wouldn't even feel it.

Dave,

Its understandable that you dont want to go to the expence of a full on CCTV system because your house is up for sale, heres a good solution for a £100, call in at your local Maplin electronics store and check out what is called a wildlife camera, its portable and can be fitted in any covert position and best of all it can be taken with you when you move and you can also use it in your camper van.

it takes 1000's of stills or 15 second video shots all stored on an SD card that you can view on your computer, on reading the instructions you can set the device to whatever setting suits you, it see's in the dark and gives crystal clear images, you can strap it to a tree, a fence or wherever it takes your fancy, believe you me it works. It works off 4 batteries which last for months or you can plug it into the mains using a variable transformer (6 volt) you can be away for months knowing your cam is taking care of business.

Clive,

The beauty of this wildlife cam is that it is so versatile you can use it for observing wildlife in you garden or capturing the image of a prowler, It can also be used in conjunction with your household CCTV set up. The wildlife cam gives the time and date of any activity, trawling thru hours of footage on your CCTV is a pain in the neck, check the wildlife cam first then you can go straight to the time and date of any activity on your DVR, I also have another wildlife cam that has a PIR light sensor and it also has audio and you can set it to however many stills or a 60 second video sequence, over the last two weeks me and my neighbour have caught out two night time prowlers, well worth the effort and expence.

Archived