N.E.C.

Caddies104

Hi

Just got back from Motorhome Show, used the train into Birmingham International.. Very good show and managed Not to buy a new Motorhome.

BUT did buy a steamer for carpets/ floors etc, and a Lillypad wrap around wind blocker that fixes to the wind out Awning.

Also Now have loads of reading matter for our next break...

Derek & Pauline...

Guest JudgeMental
last time we where there both got food poisoning *-) Had lunch at Subway..wife vegetarian, I had beef must of been salad :-S

JudgeMental - 2012-10-17 12:42 PM

last time we where there both got food poisoning *-) Had lunch at Subway..wife vegetarian, I had beef must of been salad :-S

Its usually salad or rice that seems to cause the problem. We had our evening meal at the Premier Inn, good value £12.50 for two courses, food good with good service and good company, can't beat it. Oh and free parking!

We aslo took advantage of the BOGOF offer with the Caravan Club yesterday.

After going with the Son and his family a couple of years ago,and seeing him spend nearly £50 feeding them, (they did'nt get the optional food poisoning) me and the Co-pilot decided to take our own sarnies.Was going to buy a drink but in the end took a couple of cartons of juice to drink.

Sat in the Camping Club theatre between shows and fed our face's .

Never realy had any intension of spending a great deal.Just a day out and look what's new

We liked a couple of the Dethleffs and the odd Hymer and that was about it.

The C-pilot was interested on the new Hobby s that are just coming out.

Not sure about them myself .

In the end we only spend a pound on some dog treats and they seemed to be very tasty by the way the hound eat them when we got home

So not a bad day out for a tenner

HWO

Guest JudgeMental
T8LEY - 2012-10-17 2:38 PM

There now.Its just reminded me why we traded up in size last time from a PVC.

you have 2 toilets? 8-)

Just got back,it's only half an hour down the road. Spent nearly all the time looking at accesories and non camping related stuff rather than the vans. We were very close to buying the snooper sat nav, top of the range offered at £380 inc carry case- seemed very good but no real problems with the Tom Tom so far;.later in the week price will rise due to nearly all show stock having been sold already- supposedly!

Cookery show was good- Paul Hollywodd very entertaining re Big Bake.

Liked the look of the new Roller Team range but too soon to change- maybe next year, having said that definitely some deals on offer to those going later in week- despite many of the stall holders saying they were having an excellent show and doing good business.

bob

We're going tomorrow so see what is on offer-only really want some elastic for the chairs but got the tickets free so might as well use them and we have to pass en route to our weekend destination.

Maybe the ferry companies will have some offers on or even sites in Spain?

Mike

Bojitoes - 2012-10-17 4:55 PM

Cookery show was good- Paul Hollywodd very entertaining re Big Bake.

bob

I went today.

Heard over the public address system that some cook I'd never heard of was appearing " LIVE. "

That must have been a relief for those going to see him.

;-)

Enjoyed the show - lot of people there , so there is some money about, unless, like me they didn't spend much.

JudgeMental - 2012-10-17 3:56 PM

T8LEY - 2012-10-17 2:38 PM

There now.Its just reminded me why we traded up in size last time from a PVC.

you have 2 toilets? 8-)

No Eddie?

We have a separate toilet; a domestic size shower unit that doesn't share the toilet floor space; a dining area that doesn't have to double as a lounge and a lounge area, that two people can properly recline in; a bed without restricted access by the shower wall or the kitchen units and an oven you can use without having to back into the toilet. All in 5.99m, exactly the same length as our PVC was. I'm sure you can now see why we changed vans.

T8LEY - 2012-10-18 9:00 PM.................We have a separate toilet; a domestic size shower unit that doesn't share the toilet floor space; a dining area that doesn't have to double as a lounge and a lounge area, that two people can properly recline in; a bed without restricted access by the shower wall or the kitchen units and an oven you can use without having to back into the toilet. All in 5.99m, exactly the same length as our PVC was. I'm sure you can now see why we changed vans.

Ah, but do you have a bed that doesn't have to be constructed from either lounge or dining area, or lowered onto either?

Brian Kirby - 2012-10-18 10:53 PM

T8LEY - 2012-10-18 9:00 PM.................We have a separate toilet; a domestic size shower unit that doesn't share the toilet floor space; a dining area that doesn't have to double as a lounge and a lounge area, that two people can properly recline in; a bed without restricted access by the shower wall or the kitchen units and an oven you can use without having to back into the toilet. All in 5.99m, exactly the same length as our PVC was. I'm sure you can now see why we changed vans.

Ah, but do you have a bed that doesn't have to be constructed from either lounge or dining area, or lowered onto either?

No Brian, but that's the sacrifice I'm, currently, prepared to make. No doubt others would choose something else to put up with in a sub 6m van.

Guest JudgeMental
T8LEY - 2012-10-20 12:31 AM

Brian Kirby - 2012-10-18 10:53 PM

No Brian, but that's the sacrifice I'm, currently, prepared to make. No doubt others would choose something else to put up with in a sub 6m van.

Ah! a compromise I would never make in a camper.....Proper bed not negotiable

Archived