LED Lights

Jimish

In the 40 years supplement to MMM, John Wickersham was waxing lyrical about replacement LED lights and said that one manufacturer was offering a replacement kit of LED's to fit into existing halogen lights, but he didn't name the manufacturer! This happens often in magazines and it's so frustrating! Does anyone know about these replacement Leds? Who is the manufacturer? CAK tanks have some in their catalogue, but one has to remove existing lights first, which leaves the wrong size hole, and screw holes exposed. I need to replace all the halogen lights in my IH Oregon R. They run far too hot (one has even burned its' own reflector) and I want to economise on battery power use.

The 12V bulbs used in motorhome lights vary (for example, my Hobby's 10W MR16 reflector bulbs are quite different from those used in my previous Herald's lights), and presumably that's why JW didn't specify a particular manufacturer. I was also interested in LED alternatives for my 'van's light-bulbs and, when I GOOGLE-searched, I found that there was a whole range of different designs, prices and suppliers. If you find out what bulbs your Oregan currently, then internet search on something like "bulbs 12V led", this should provide you with plenty of choice.

Archived