ACSI Cards 2013

Keith T

BGD - 2012-11-12 10:25 AM

I'm unclear as to why people do not just buy direct from ACSI.

We do, the price is just €9.95, via direct debit.

Why do people choose to pay so much more by buying from middlemen who just add their profit on top?

The website says the 2013 book will be sent out end of December. Thats too late for me so i ordered from vicarious who despatch around 10th of December.

i accept that ACSI may well send out earlier but in the absence of such info on website i would rather not take the chance.

Peter

BGD - 2012-11-12 10:25 AM

I'm unclear as to why people do not just buy direct from ACSI.

We do, the price is just €9.95, via direct debit.

Why do people choose to pay so much more by buying from middlemen who just add their profit on top?

When you get to my age you just say " What the hell ! Shrouds have no pockets " and throw all caution to the wind -

and spend another £5 a year.

;-)

I purchased my 2013 book from Vicarious for £14.50; the subscription price on the ACSI site is €10.95, say £9.00 plus bank charges of £2.25 to convert euro to sterling, = £11.25 plus postage; the non subscription price is €14.95 plus postage. I find it simpler to click on the link in the reminder e-mail from Vicarious and pay them.

The savings are €4 - 10 a night on average; the biggest saving I made was an overnight in Spain a couple of years ago €32.00 dropped instantly to €15.00 on producing the ACSI card, that one nights saving paid for the card (site El Portus, Cartagena).

We use the book and map for planning overnight stops and the GPS co-ordinates guide you straight to the site entrance. All the sites we have used have been excellent, we don't bother with any of the other campsite guides anymore.

WildBill - 2012-11-15 7:37 AM

MH Facts are doing the ACSI DVD £9.98 B-)

Don't even hesitate........buy it!! It's a purchase you won't ever regret!

Mine is a 2009 issue so not particularly that much out of date though for less than a tenner I would buy a 2012 copy.....or is it dated as 2013?

I dropped lucky with mine. I was on a site in Germany back in '09 when a couple of ACSI inspectors arrive on site and came round asking if i'd mind filling in a form about the site. I took the opportunity to tell them what I thought of the ACSI guide book and they asked me if i'd tried the DVD. They had a bootful of the things so gave me one to try, loaded straight to my hard drive and they charged me just five euro for it!

bertieburstner - 2012-11-15 4:01 PM

so please excuse my ignorance but what is on the DVD? does it come with the discount card and is instead of the "campingcard ACSI" books?

Full UK and European mapping (similar to Autoroute) with thousands of sites listed.....each with very detailed info plus the all important GPS co-ordinates. To give some comparison, the guide book I bought in 2009 listed no more than half a dozen sites in the UK. The DVD shows hundreds in the UK....far too many to count.

As for the 'discount card' which of course I also had when I bought the guide book, I lost count of the sites I went on who took one look at the card and told me 'put it away and not to bother' as they gave a discount anyway......whether you held a card or not! The 'discount card' is just a 'sweetener' to persuade folk to buy the guide book but there will always be those who argue differently.

Just looked on ACSI site and here is a complete list of sites.....506 in the UK, over 1000 in Germany and over 2000 in France!

The ACSI Campsite DVD provides information for:

5 Campsites in Andorra

289 Austria

163 Belgium

506 Britain; 5 on the Isle of Man and 11 in Northern Ireland

123 Croatia

112 Czech Republic

332 Denmark

18 Estonia

128 Finland

France 2313; 48 Corsica

1111 Germany

153 Greece; 10 Crete

128 Hungary

58 Republic of Ireland (Southern)

704 Italy, 44 Sicily and 45 Sardinia

34 Latvia

20 Lithuania

49 Luxembourg

704 Netherlands

190 Norway

99 Poland

93 Portugal

23 Romania

23 Slovakia

29 Slovenia

447 Spain

259 Sweden

236 Switzerland

41 Turkey

bertieburstner - 2012-11-15 5:43 PM

Thanks for the info. BTW re discount it's not a "sweetener" it's a real discount we were at a campsite in Spain this late summer we were paying E16 a night, english couple next to us were paying E32 a night!

More fool them then! At that price they may as well go in a B&B! I'd have gone elsewhere.

The sort of sites I go on cost an average of £5 - £8 a night.....and thats with EHU.

Bulletguy - 2012-11-15 3:06 PM

WildBill - 2012-11-15 7:37 AM

MH Facts are doing the ACSI DVD £9.98 B-)

Don't even hesitate........buy it!! It's a purchase you won't ever regret!

Mine is a 2009 issue so not particularly that much out of date though for less than a tenner I would buy a 2012 copy.....or is it dated as 2013?

I dropped lucky with mine. I was on a site in Germany back in '09 when a couple of ACSI inspectors arrive on site and came round asking if i'd mind filling in a form about the site. I took the opportunity to tell them what I thought of the ACSI guide book and they asked me if i'd tried the DVD. They had a bootful of the things so gave me one to try, loaded straight to my hard drive and they charged me just five euro for it!

Thanks for that Bulletguy. Will get one asap. B-)

Archived