iPad iOS 6?

Colin Leake

I've not installed iOS.6.0.1 because it will mean loosing my google maps to be replaced by the crap Apple maps. Now suddenly when I go to update some apps I put my Apple password in as normal but everytime all I get is a message "Cannot connect to iTunes store". Any one got any ideas what is going on? I rather wonder if Apple are trying to force me to install iOS 6!

I have installed IOS 6 and have not has problems connecting with Itunes store.

It does install Siri (voice control for various functions) This works OK with phone calls and messages but for web searches I have been sent to very "funny" sites. Perhaps it does not understand my Lincolnshire accent.

I have not updated to the 6.01 version yet.

donna miller - 2012-11-15 8:34 PM

Another reason to steer clear of Apple's products, they manufacture the operating systems to only be compatible with their own software.

There are so many alternative running different os's, The Acer Acconia is one of the front runners, using an android system they are far far more flexible.

My iPad was a present from our kids for my 70th birthday. I do quite like it and find it handy but I agree with you Apple do rather shoot themselves in the foot in some respects. No Flash Player for instance and no conectivity ports. When it needs replacing there are better more flexible products on the market in my opinion. I'll probably go for one with Windows 8 and upgrade my home computer to that at the same time.

Archived