Just love it

nightrider

Guest pelmetman

Looks like a nice earner for his Lordship's lawyers ;-).......................and Mr Meesham appears to have become a victim again *-)

Who ever said the world was fair? :-S

pepe63 - 2012-11-16 4:41 PM

...and seeing as he's also supposd to be going for those who posted on internet social networking sites(Twitter),maybe a few on here should think twice what they post on here in the future..?

:-S

Are you speaking personally???

Actually apart from some members describing other members as having parts of their lower anatomy missing, and having their voice box re located to the lower rear extremity of their torso, I have not seen any flagrant libellous statements. I would hope that all members are able to take verbal attacks without descending to litigation and that everyone recognises that it is after all just a Forum, not the real world.

Its not just a Forum its the Internet, whats the difference between the Forum, Facebook or Twitter?

Therfore it can be seen all over the world possibly with the exception of China.

My daughter in law asked where I got a photo of them with our three year old Granddaughter I said off your face book page, she was very annoyed. My answer was then dont use Facebook, and I am not listed as friend on her page. If I can get hold of it so than can anyone else desireable or not!.

I agree it is open to the world, iff anyone is really interetsed. My point was that most people here slag each other off at times but do not normally go around making incorrect and unfounded statements about people who have nothing to do with it. Of course polticians are excepted. But accusing someone of illegal activities with children is not normally part of the discussion.

However, i do agree that we all need to be careful about what we say in a public domain.

Guest Peter James

Mc Alpines lawyer was asking for 'those concerned to come and talk to us" *-)

Reminded me of that poem ''come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly" :-D

I guess a lot of it was deleted before he could find and save it so he is scratching around for evidence.

Dave225 - 2012-11-16 7:42 PM

...and seeing as he's also supposd to be going for those who posted on internet social networking sites(Twitter),maybe a few on here should think twice what they post on here in the future..?

Actually apart from some members describing other members as having parts of their lower anatomy missing, and having their voice box re located to the lower rear extremity of their torso, I have not seen any flagrant libellous statements. I would hope that all members are able to take verbal attacks without descending to litigation and that everyone recognises that it is after all just a Forum, not the real world.

Well...you've obviously not noticed anything that I've posted in the past,if you think that I post "libellous" stuff... :-S

I suppose I wasn't really reffering to personal or "libellous" content as such...but to the "... my mate brings in cheap baccy...string 'em up...flog 'em....pity Hiltler wasn't around,he'd sort the Travellers out....",types of posts that have appeared on here,at one time or another....?!?

(..to the authors of some of those posts,I'd probably fall into the "hand wringing,liberal" category (lol) )

I'd like to think that forum members would not say these things in "open company",so I feel that they should be just as "guarded" about airing their thoughts,when posting on the internet... ;-)

pepe63 - 2012-11-17 8:47 AM

Dave225 - 2012-11-16 7:42 PM

Well...you've obviously not noticed anything that I've posted in the past,if you think that I post "libellous" stuff... :-S

I suppose I wasn't really reffering to personal or "libellous" content as such...but to the "... my mate brings in cheap baccy...string 'em up...flog 'em....pity Hiltler wasn't around,he'd sort the Travellers out....",types of posts that have appeared on here,at one time or another....?!?

(..to the authors of some of those posts,I'd probably fall into the "hand wringing,liberal" category (lol) )

I'd like to think that forum members would not say these things in "open company",so I feel that they should be just as "guarded" about airing their thoughts,when posting on the internet... ;-)

Calm down dear, it was only humour.

Peter James - 2012-11-16 10:44 PM

Reminded me of that poem ''come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly" :-D

I guess a lot of it was deleted before he could find and save it so he is scratching around for evidence.

Nope, none of it is deleted, it's all on the servers. As you imply, would be a fool to contact them. How long and how far this progress's will depend on his determination and how much the law firm he employed wants to get a pay cheque, it is now being investigated as to whether Twitter can be sued which I'm sure they are hoping will be the big payday.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2012-11-18 11:02 AM

Peter James - 2012-11-16 10:44 PM

Nope, none of it is deleted, it's all on the servers. As you imply, would be a fool to contact them. How long and how far this progress's will depend on his determination and how much the law firm he employed wants to get a pay cheque, it is now being investigated as to whether Twitter can be sued which I'm sure they are hoping will be the big payday.

The lawyers will sue in order of bank balance *-)...............ie those with the most money will be top of the list........in the meantime the real victim is ignored 8-)

Mc Alpine has been VERY VERY generous towards the BBC so it is obviously NOT money that is his main target, I always thought they had the wrong man as I thought they meant another person bearing his family name.

I personally think he is right in his actions and I hope that he can shake up twitter etc etc a little

Guest pelmetman
Syd - 2012-11-19 3:42 PM

Mc Alpine has been VERY VERY generous towards the BBC so it is obviously NOT money that is his main target, I always thought they had the wrong man as I thought they meant another person bearing his family name.

I personally think he is right in his actions and I hope that he can shake up twitter etc etc a little

How much were his lawyers costs I wonder?.............as the licence fee payer will have to pay that too ;-)

Hi Pelmetman

Mc Alpine and Patten have been at each others throats for many years, Patten should thank his lucky stars that in his post he is immune from prosecution in this matter otherwise the BBC probably wouldn't have been the one who was being threatened with being sued.

Lawers costs will have been a few hundred thousand, had it been you on the receiving end would you have let the fact that the licence payer had to pay persuade you to do nothing about it.

As it is he did deliberately let the licence payer off lightly for that very reason

Guest pelmetman
Syd - 2012-11-19 11:58 PM

Hi Pelmetman

Mc Alpine and Patten have been at each others throats for many years, Patten should thank his lucky stars that in his post he is immune from prosecution in this matter otherwise the BBC probably wouldn't have been the one who was being threatened with being sued.

Lawers costs will have been a few hundred thousand, had it been you on the receiving end would you have let the fact that the licence payer had to pay persuade you to do nothing about it.

As it is he did deliberately let the licence payer off lightly for that very reason

If the same thing had happened to the average bloke in the street would he have got £180k + and assuming a few 100k costs? :-S

Or is his lordships feelings more valuable than the average bloke? *-)...............

Good point Pelmetman good point

The fact remains that Mc Alpine is a very high profile figure hence the highly prominent headlines, had it been either you or I do you think there would have been any prominent headlines.

Anyway I wouldn't have let the little fellow know my name and I suspect you wouldn't have done so either :D :D :D

Archived