Cheap Price Offer, Marjal Campsite, Catral, Costa Blanca, Spain

BGD

Guest Peter James
The Opening Post is a fair description of the site from what I heard - there is nothing there as its in the middle of nowhere. Apart from that its a nice site :-)

JudgeMental - 2012-11-20 7:21 PM

Old or new site..new in middle of nowhere apparently. Funsters have a winter rally there I believe.

The new one, near Catral, not far from Elche. We are doing 2 nights on it now, last night and tonight, at the cheapo offer rate. Brill facilities, but miles from anywhere.

Guest JudgeMental
BGD - 2012-11-20 6:35 PM

Old or new site..new in middle of nowhere apparently. Funsters have a winter rally there I believe.

The new one, near Catral, not far from Elche. We are doing 2 nights on it now, last night and tonight, at the cheapo offer rate. Brill facilities, but miles from anywhere.

Is it busy?

When is more busy generally, before or after Christmas do you think?

JudgeMental - 2012-11-20 7:36 PM

BGD - 2012-11-20 6:35 PM

Is it busy?

When is more busy generally, before or after Christmas do you think?

At the moment it is very very quiet, maybe 10% occupancy.

Last year at the NEC the owners were there and offering car hire at 5€ per day to encourage visitors. We did not stay there but meant to. This year at NEC same deal was not on offer however, if the site and facilities anywhere near as good as camping marjal in Guadarma then it is an excellent site. We stayed there for a week a couple of years ago and it was really good and in Acsi at 16€

Bob

johnnerontheroad - 2012-11-20 9:39 PM

How far to the nearest supermarket?

Dave

The site is so big (over 1400 pitches) that it has a proper supermarket on-site. It is a Coviran brand supermarket.

The nearest town supermarket is probably 2kms away.

Anyone staying here would I think need bikes or a scooter or a car after more than a couple of days, as the nearest towns are several kms away.

Nice site, with 1st class facilities (preobably best I have seen in Spain), and great value for 11 euros per night, but I would not want to stay here long term, it's too far from towns and coast for us.

BGD - 2012-11-20 9:15 PM

johnnerontheroad - 2012-11-20 9:39 PM

How far to the nearest supermarket?

Dave

The site is so big (over 1400 pitches) that it has a proper supermarket on-site. It is a Coviran brand supermarket.

The nearest town supermarket is probably 2kms away.

Anyone staying here would I think need bikes or a scooter or a car after more than a couple of days, as the nearest towns are several kms away.

Nice site, with 1st class facilities (preobably best I have seen in Spain), and great value for 11 euros per night, but I would not want to stay here long term, it's too far from towns and coast for us.

Thanks

Dave

Archived