Black spots on seat cushion

Coachman

One of our Mobilvetta dining seats has developed several black spots like mildew or simular on it . Have tried Autoglym and Carplan cleaner to no avail. As it is a 2003 model I would imagine its impossible to replace it. All the rest are in perfect order. Any ideas how to try and clean it would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest pelmetman

If it is mould you will find it difficult to remove.

For other marks I often find that ordinary soap or Pampers baby wipes will remove stains, has to be Pampers ones though as other makes don't seem to work.

SUE

If you can get the covers off, make a solution of warm water with a dishwasher tablet dissolved in it, leave covers to soak for 24 hrs in it, then wash them on warm wash.Allow to dry on a line then put them back on the seats whilst still damp to re-set the shape and dry by a radiator.

Good luck

Mike

Ive removed black spots from vertical blinds in my bedroom with a paste made from bicarbonate of soda and applied with a toothbrush, as the blinds are white they come up o.k but if on a seat cover I would do a test piece somewhere that doesn't show first, you have to leave for a couple of hours then wash off . Other than that I would look for one especially for mildew! you might get something from Boyes or Wilkinsons.

Thanks for replies,on closer look I think it is damp spores which have sunk into the cloth, in other places the black spot has clung to the "hairy" part of the cloth which I removed with tweezers.They are strange to me these bits as I could imagine they came from an insect or other form. When touched with fluid ie water/cleaner they spread wider. Last night I left one cushion in front of radiater and this morning whilst they are still there they are not so dark. Am wary of having them cleaned although the manufacture of the cushions say they can be done at certain tempetures.

We had mildew marks on the door curtains. The label said dry clean. I took a chance and washed them in the machine on a hand wash cycle , and they came out a lot cleaner, not perfect, but a lot nicer any way.

if you do this do not put any thing like vanish in the wah, just bio soap powder.

PJay

Archived