Smartphones

Pete-B

Hi,

I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to them there smartphones, but the duchess tells me she would like to get rid of her old bog standard Nokia and have one for Christmas.

We've presently got a really good deal with our Orange sim cards, in effect we're paying the same as eight years ago due to a price promise Orange made us so it must be a sim free phone I get. I'm not looking to spend a fortune as we're now retired, I guess somewhere between £100 and £150. Could anyone recommend a decent reliable smartphone in this range. I would appreciate any advice and help

Thanks.

Couple of points.

You could still buy an Orange PAYG and swap the sims.

It could be an 8 y.o. sim won't work on a smart phone, my orange sim that was 10 y.o. wouldn't work on a smart phone, I knew this beforehand but the orange advisers assured me it would, thats 'experts' for you :-S

some smart phones use a micro(or is it mini) sim.

Most if not all the phones in CPW are unlocked so choose whatever the cheapest deal is and put your own sim in. Ask the staff and they will tell you, or if you don't want to be so forward tell them you go abroad and want to put a spanish sim in when you go away. And if you want a different sim / deal look at GiffGaff it runs on the o2 network and is cheap.

http://www.giffgaff.co.uk

Orange do an offer £5.00 per month free Nokia smartphone reasonable minuites texts and if you order online double the web alowance thinking of getting one for my wife as she spends more than that on PYG. 2year contract though. John (lol) (lol)

Archived