Things you did to earn a crust

kelly58

Guest pelmetman

Fortunately I don't have to many pictures of what I did to earn a crust ;-).......

I think the police call it incriminating evidence 8-)

Flying with a Ukranian Cargo Airline.....sometimes the landings?....were 'interesting'

http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/images/ca-publications/flightoperations2.jpgthis one took us 7 days to dig out and repair...oh and about $1.5 million.......

Mostly I've stayed on the ground!

Bank clerk, shop assistant, factory worker, trainee teacher (failed), garage receptionist, civil servant, sales rep, shopfitter .... and somehow I always knew how to run the outfit better then the people who did!

When I first told my parents I was going into the ministry, their response was "At last he'll have a boss he doesn't argue with!"

Not strictly true, but I saw their point.

• 2 weeks later...

As a student I had a variety of jobs including :-

Paper Boy , Porter In Littlewoods

Labouring in:-

Fish Processors, Cold store, Timber Yard, Market Garden, Steel Pressing Mill, Removal Company.

I also worked as a salesman in C&As menswear and in Jackson the Tailor and as a bar-cellarman in Bermondsey and my last job before "real work" was as an unqualified paralegal in a Canadian Attorneys Office.

Perhaps the most interesting job (which I did for six months) was as an auxiliary nurse in an Orthopedic Operating Theatre. There my duties included holding and supporting limbs just before they were sawed off !

My best job?

As a student working as assistant gardener for Hastings parks and gardens department during the summer.

Loved working on the gardens - in the sun - just a pair of shorts - making the place look truly brilliant! Rolled up for work on my Norton Navigator. I thought at the time "life just does not get better than this!" and on reflection - I was absolutely right.

And chatting up the girls was truly an occupational hazard. You did not have to try - it just happened.

I can honestly say the local chemists and I were nearly on first name terms and after a week or two I actually declined a few offers as i was literally sh@gged out.

Could someone PLEASE bring back the 1960's?

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2012-12-14 12:06 PM

And chatting up the girls was truly an occupational hazard. You did not have to try - it just happened.

Shorts are ok Clive ;-)...............but a uniform works better B-)

DSCN2234web.jpg.602e7bb497f3cbb0736f91999de64b99.jpg

Tony Jones - 2012-12-14 12:40 PM

CliveH - 2012-12-14 12:06 PM

- just a pair of shorts - making the place look truly brilliant!

Wouldn't that be a matter of opinion Clive? :D

Ha Ha ! - I see how it reads now 8-) (lol) (lol) (lol)

But I think i will stick with it!! B-)

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2012-12-14 1:46 PM

It must have helped to offset those glasses! (lol) (lol) (lol)

She must have thought she was dating a couple of patio doors!

All the cool people wore them Clive..........well you have to when your on tv ;-)..............that was a still shot from "The Tube" in 83 with Lesley Ash, I think it was her appearing with me that got her the job in "Men behaving badly" :D......

Its the natural progression from "Man dancing badly" (lol) (lol)

Archived