Gas filler for Mel

maggyd

I wonder what sort of adapter would be needed, but surely it would be impossible to fill Mel with gas - cos she's already full of something else ** - but It would be fun to see someone try - what a picture that conjures up!!!

** Sugar and spice of course Mel!!

maggyd - 2012-12-02 1:00 PM

maggyd - 2012-12-02 12:59 PM

maggyd - 2012-12-02 12:34 PM

I hope this works Mel I was taking up to many tries on the Gas-Low thread (lol)

try again

Even sending it to myself and reducing it to smallest its still to big!! sorry Mel

Tracker - 2012-12-02 1:03 PM

I wonder what sort of adapter would be needed, but surely it would be impossible to fill Mel with gas - cos she's already full of something else ** - but It would be fun to see someone try - what a picture that conjures up!!!

Richard ... at least I'm not full of it already like some on here! :D

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2012-12-02 1:09 PM

Tracker - 2012-12-02 1:03 PM

Richard ... at least I'm not full of it already like some on here! :D

Indeed........if ever there was a waste of oxygen *-)

here you go sweetie, all you need and bracket I was on about about 4 down.

http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=5

I would take a pic of mine but not very well and to cold out (chest infection) :-S

You really need to get one expertly fitted Mel :-D I know you are good at D.I.Y as is O.H but these things can be a hazard if not fitted properly.

When we were at Auto-gas the fitter said he had just had a Gaslow system in that had been fitted by a Motorhome Dealer in a new van !! it was leaking from bottle and joints he had to fit a new bottle and ring the Dealer who said (what did you tell him for)!!! >:-( they wouldnt refund but were giving him a new bottle which he said he would sell on to recoup some money. So it just goes to show ! They should have been experts??

p.s the wire is a piece of thin cable that O.H fitted so he doesnt lose the cap when filling. :-D

Guest JudgeMental

Mel's system already fitted just has to disconnect current filler hose and replace with longer one. drill hole and fit bracket to sill. wont be interfering with low pressure side at all.....just be aware there will be a fair bit of gas in high pressure hose when you release it. there is a non return valve on bottle so no need to worry.

even if it leaked (unlikely if you soap test after filling) you will only loose gas in filler pipe which will vent through the floor vent

Guest JudgeMental
cerro - 2012-12-02 6:18 PM

Bear in mind the longer hoses are very expensive.

I answered this on other thread.....getting confusing *-)

1.2 £20

1.5 £23 from gasit (link on other thread)

Thanks guys. I already have the longer hose as we needed that for our Rimor so I just reused when I put it in the Accent. It won't be a problem for me to do it either as I am always very careful about gas and it is no different to fitting a Calor bottle yourself really.

I already have the bracket which is in the gas locker itself now, so I can just move than below the van as per the photos and as it already has the lockable cover I won't need the little 'box' for it either, so all in all, it's just a matter of getting on and doing it as I don't need any parts. perhaps when there's a nice sunny WARMISH day I might get out there and do it, along with lagging the heating pipes too!

maggyd - 2012-12-02 2:58 PM

You really need to get one expertly fitted Mel :-D I know you are good at D.I.Y as is O.H but these things can be a hazard if not fitted properly.

Nothing wrong with DIY if you are competent.

I am about to fit a new boiler in the house this week and before anyone gets on there high horse shouting about it must be fitted by a Gas Register fitter, the law states that "all gas appliances must be installed by a competent person" and from work I have seen by so called professionals I am a lot more competent than a lot of them.,

Airstream - 2012-12-03 5:22 PM

Hi,

I am advised that it is illegal for anyone other than a registered GasSafe engineer to work on/repair/replace and gas appliance

Confirmed as below and i think a £5000 fine ?

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/pdf/Who%20can%20legally%20work%20on%20a%20gas%20appliance.pdf

Ray

I don't think that's exactly correct.

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 say that no person may work on such equipment "unless he is competent to do so".

They do not say that the only test of such competence is being on the Gas Safe register of engineers.

It's a subtle distinction, but the two things are different.

And according to the actual regs, even that legal requirement for competence doesn't apply to: "the replacement of a hose connecting a re-fillable cylinder to installation pipework":

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/2451/regulation/3/made

Hi,

Not sure about that - how will you issue the required certificate ?

Report an illegal gas engineer

People working with gas without the relevant training on up-to-date methods and with modern appliances and equipment are a danger to society. The mere fact they are not registered implies a fundamental lack of respect for the system and dangers associated with the industry. Do not accept excuses or objections as to why they are not registered. They are operating outside the Law. By employing them, so are you.

Gas appliance installations require certification. A person who is not registered may not issue valid certification. Do not put yourself or anybody else at the mercy of cowboys or cheats.

Protect society from illegal engineers by visiting the website www.gassaferegister.co.uk

Guest pelmetman
Airstream - 2012-12-03 5:14 PM

Gas appliance installations require certification. A person who is not registered may not issue valid certification. Do not put yourself or anybody else at the mercy of cowboys or cheats.

Oh that's a relief :D.....................only the appliance needs to be installed by a competent professional;-)............................as when I'm in Spain I just plug the Spanish bottle in with a bit of rubber hose 8-)............

But I always check Its not leaking with a match :D

Archived