Online Monday

Dave225

Evidently tomorrow is when all insane people will spend billions shopping online. Why do they do it, and then panic when it does not arrive for Xmas? Plus if it is wrong size or damaged they have to panic even more to get it replaced. Madness.

The only online things I do are checking the bus times and gabbing on this Forum sometimes.

Well I do it to save money and the dreadful shopping excursions with crowded shops and heavy bags. I have no-one to carry them you see!! I have almost finished now and saved many pounds (lots of bargains online from all the well-known traders) although where possible I try to support local shops too.

We shop on-line a lot now, for those items where the spec is clear and you know what you're getting (eg digital camera, laptop, tools etc etc), but only very rarely for items that you'd want to touch & feel and try on, such as clothing.

We do "shop" in Big on-line shopping websites, but I guess we are now far more regular buyers via Ebay UK (and a couple of Spanish equivalent sites), both for new and secondhand items.

It can save a lot of money, not just with regard to the ticket price, but also the avoidance of having to fork out for vehicle fuel and car parking charges. No trudging about in crowds of people, in pouring rain...

And there is MASSIVELY more choice and competition on-line now too.

The savings really can be VERY substantial.

And thus far (tempting fate now!) out of what must be hundreds and hundreds of items bought on line between over the past decade, I cannot remember being ripped off, not even once.

On the VERY rare occasions that an item has been "wrong" in some way, we've been able to get easy refund or exchange.

Each to their own; but it's a system for comparing product specs and prices, and for actual purchasing with home delivery thrown in, at significantly lower cost, that works very well for us.

Guest pelmetman

Sue said not to buy each other a present as we're going away for two months :-D.........

I wonder if she really means it? :-S

pelmetman - 2012-12-03 4:19 PM

Sue said not to buy each other a present as we're going away for two months :-D.........

Gotta ask yourself: "Do I feel lucky?"

*-)

Guest pelmetman
BGD - 2012-12-03 3:31 PM

pelmetman - 2012-12-03 4:19 PM

Gotta ask yourself: "Do I feel lucky?"

*-)

That's what I thought :-S.....................It's a trap 8-)

Archived