Rowntree Site York Shut

gocro

We were booked down to stay on here a couple of months back..

http://www.manorfarmyork.co.uk/

...But we cancelled as it was when the floods first hit York.

(..I think the site was okay,it's just that there didn't seem much point in going if we couldn't stroll into town along the river....)

It isn't that far out from the Rowntree CC site either(..the walk in would've taken us past Rowntree Park)but I've no idea if there's a pub nearby?...

We just got home from a very cold York,The caravan club cancelled our booking at rowntree park on friday so we booked in at Rawecliffe manor caravan site .Only us on site nice pub next door (the pub owns the site) Bus into York from Tesco 10 min walk. See Reviews on Uk campsites page 4. cheers Keith.

Thanks for the pointers folk.I rang Manor Farm twice they didn't return calls. Rawcliffe Manor wanted to charge £25 a night,For what!.

We are now booked in at The Lord Nelson Nether Poppleton (£13 with leccy) busses at the gate every half hour.

Snow forecast.

gocro - 2012-12-09 8:40 AM

Thanks for the pointers folk.I rang Manor Farm twice they didn't return calls. Rawcliffe Manor wanted to charge £25 a night,For what!.

We are now booked in at The Lord Nelson Nether Poppleton (£13 with leccy) busses at the gate every half hour.

Snow forecast.

Glad you got sorted... ;-)

Hope the snow's only enough to make it "a bit Christmasy" for ya' and nothing more troublin'....

(..as for Manor Farm,I seem to remember we had to leave a couple of (unanswered)answer phone messages before we finally managed to get hold of 'em.... :-S )

Wills Wagon - 2012-12-09 7:26 PM

Thanks we are booked from 16th onwards but have heard nothing from the Club yet. What is strange is that there has been no information on the website about closures or when sites will re-open. Surely a major omission by the webiste manager.

Surely it is likely the club do not know when they will be able to re-open.......I guess as soon as they have a confirmed date they will advise, or refer to their own website. I am sure they will be doing all possible to get it open as soon as possible.

I don;t think its a problem specifically for the club/ area...down here in Somerset there are still roads under water, and as at last night the main road from Tauton to Glastonbury plus all the surroudning fields were still under considerable depths of flood water, and no indication of when that would clear.

Stalwart

I disagree the site has been closed now for more than a week, I believe from the end of November and yet the website doesnt even mention this. In this day of speedy communications the web site should have a section for "Stop Press" or "Site Closures" which should show which sites are closed and then a "Watch this Space" section where visitors can check to see when it opens. They have wardens on site and a site like York is at the bottom of a hill next to the river so when the site is dry and can re-open access which is all on hard roads will not be a problem. As a member I find this lack of information unacceptable.

Wills Wagon - 2012-12-09 9:04 PM

Stalwart

I disagree the site has been closed now for more than a week, I believe from the end of November and yet the website doesnt even mention this. In this day of speedy communications the web site should have a section for "Stop Press" or "Site Closures" which should show which sites are closed and then a "Watch this Space" section where visitors can check to see when it opens. They have wardens on site and a site like York is at the bottom of a hill next to the river so when the site is dry and can re-open access which is all on hard roads will not be a problem. As a member I find this lack of information unacceptable.

We have visited the site several times, so know the location both of the site and the river. but also thinik that access can and may still be difficult.

I agree howwever, that TheCC website should be updated immediatedly both with the closure and potential re-opening dates...it shoudnt take them a few minutes to provide that information.

Have you tried posting this on the CC forum??

Just to gauge reaction- hopefully from members and the CC themselves - I have posted an item about this subject on the CC Forum...

When I received the call the lady did say that they were hoping to open on the 16th.or thereabouts, and that it was access to the site which was delaying the decontamination of the site.

Not much help as they are fully booked for the rest of the year.

When I received the call the lady did say that they were hoping to open on the 16th.or thereabouts, and that it was access to the site which was delaying the decontamination of the site.

Archived