Times are hard

donna miller

antony1969 - 2012-12-08 3:22 PM

Sad to hear times are tough Donna , has nobody jumped in and told you of the fire hazard your decoration could be ? especially with your lovely living room ceiling tiles :-D

Sure someone will be along shortly to explain .

Aha, not so clever dick, unless fairy liquid and tinsel forms a highly explosive mix, the flammable expanded polystyrene ceiling tiles are no problem............'COS WE COULDN'T AFFORD LIGHTS, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT? :D :D

antony1969 - 2012-12-08 4:57 PM

Apologies Donna , didn't see no lights on there , it's beauty mesmerised me . Could candles be a low cost option ?

Think Tracker has a spare set left over which he was hoping to sell on ebay , I'll have a word .

I could be wrong but those ceiling tiles look like fire retardant tiles to me - and there must be better fairies around who deserve a nice prickly tree up their jumper!

Don't use candles any more as they gets on me wick but I do have some left over for you clever clogs Antony!

As it's Christmas I have some very special very large candles just for you 'cos you're always pickin' on poor defenceless harmless sensitive me!

As it is the season of goodwill - except to Uddersfield - I think blunt unlit end first so you can't pull 'em out without getting your hands toasted

I do have several old sets of fairy lights with which I was hoping to illuminate one or two old forum fairies - any nominations - it would be inappropriate for me to say who I nominate as most deserving !

It sure would be interesting to see Donna climb aboard her supercalifragalistic snow plough - go on Donna - give us a demo!!

Tracker - 2012-12-08 5:48 PM

antony1969 - 2012-12-08 4:57 PM

Apologies Donna , didn't see no lights on there , it's beauty mesmerised me . Could candles be a low cost option ?

Think Tracker has a spare set left over which he was hoping to sell on ebay , I'll have a word .

I could be wrong but those ceiling tiles look like fire retardant tiles to me - and there must be better fairies around who deserve a nice prickly tree up their jumper!

Don't use candles any more as they gets on me wick but I do have some left over for you clever clogs Antony!

As it's Christmas I have some very special very large candles just for you 'cos you're always pickin' on poor defenceless harmless sensitive me!

As it is the season of goodwill - except to Uddersfield - I think blunt unlit end first so you can't pull 'em out without getting your hands toasted

I do have several old sets of fairy lights with which I was hoping to illuminate one or two old forum fairies - any nominations - it would be inappropriate for me to say who I nominate as most deserving !

It sure would be interesting to see Donna climb aboard her supercalifragalistic snow plough - go on Donna - give us a demo!!

Rich , the candles , what a wonderful gesture . You know were still on the 3 day week up here in Huddersfield On Sea and you know those beauties are going to shine light were normally there's none I'm going to bend over backwards to find the best place to stick them up . Cheers Rich .

antony1969 - 2012-12-08 6:49 PM

Rich , the candles , what a wonderful gesture . You know were still on the 3 day week up here in Huddersfield On Sea and you know those beauties are going to shine light were normally there's none I'm going to bend over backwards to find the best place to stick them up . Cheers Rich .

Thanks Antony - I'm very good at gestures as you know!!

By all means stick em where the light don't shine but I was thinking that you would grasp them between your - wait for it - teeth - if you still have any that is?

This would not only light your way round the dark satanic mills but also - and of equally great benefit to the hard pressed residents of Uddersfield-on- the-bog - stop you talking while you chew your way through 'em!!

Happy Christmas - as no other pressie will hold a candle to my gesture to the unfortunate folk in the frozen North!

Aw gee Antony - thanks - that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all week!

See folks - my faith in human nature is justified once more as not all Uddersfiederites are unfriendly.

Just to show my eternal gratitude I'll send you a free bottle of my finest Eau de Bog distilled from only the purest of cattle run off polluted water from Mount Udder!

Tracker - 2012-12-08 7:43 PM

Aw gee Antony - thanks - that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all week!

See folks - my faith in human nature is justified once more as not all Uddersfiederites are unfriendly.

Just to show my eternal gratitude I'll send you a free bottle of my finest Eau de Bog distilled from only the purest of cattle run off polluted water from Mount Udder!

Rich , me and you are living proof that young and old can get on and that your generation aren't just unfashionable , senile old grumps with weak bladders .

I feel we have really made a Grandson / Grandad connection and think other's on here have noticed too .

donna miller - 2012-12-08 4:37 PM

antony1969 - 2012-12-08 3:22 PM

Sad to hear times are tough Donna , has nobody jumped in and told you of the fire hazard your decoration could be ? especially with your lovely living room ceiling tiles :-D

Sure someone will be along shortly to explain .

Aha, not so clever dick, unless fairy liquid and tinsel forms a highly explosive mix, the flammable expanded polystyrene ceiling tiles are no problem............'COS WE COULDN'T AFFORD LIGHTS, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT? :D :D

Come on Donna them ain't no flammable expanded polystyrene tiles are they. Not that metal frame work!

Guest Peter James
Colin Leake - 2012-12-08 10:43 PM

I find it great for cleaning my paint brushes

I wash my good paint brushes in turps, then leave it to stand for a month or so. The paint sinks to the bottom leaving clear turps floating above it which you pour off and use again.

Peter James - 2012-12-08 11:02 PM

I wash my good paint brushes in turps, then leave it to stand for a month or so. The paint sinks to the bottom leaving clear turps floating above it which you pour off and use again.

Only a Scotsman would think of that Peter!!

PJay - 2012-12-09 12:34 AM

Peter James - 2012-12-08 11:02 PM

Only a Scotsman would think of that Peter!!

If you drill a hole in the brush handles and insert a length of wire so the brushes are suspended in turps but clear of the bottom of the jar, not only do they remain clean but the brush hairs don't clog with paint waste and distort out of shape! If you then cover the lot with a cloth the turps is less prone to evaporate and I have been using the same recycled turps and two identical jars for years with just a change of jar and minor top ups!

antony1969 - 2012-12-08 7:54 PM

Rich , me and you are living proof that young and old can get on and that your generation aren't just unfashionable , senile old grumps with weak bladders .

I feel we have really made a Grandson / Grandad connection and think other's on here have noticed too .

I am indebted to my friend, the Horable member for Uddersfied Super Mare, for his support in my dotage and I can only hope that the younger generation will offer him the same comfort when he too is old and decrepit in a couple of years time!

antony1969 - 2012-12-09 12:26 PM

Somebody mentioned there might be one or two on here that could lighten up a little .

Shock - horror - gasps of amazement - you surely don't mean what is-or-er names do you??????

Nurse says I have to stop now before I get too excited again as when I get too excited again strange things happen - but you being so young I can't tell you what these strange things are - even if I could remember!!

Archived