Great service

Pete-B

We're always ready, or should be, to denounce those companies that take our hard earned money and then dish out poor service but conversely, I think we should give a mention to the ones who treat us with respect as customers and give good honest value for money.

I promise I have no connection whatsoever with this business but this is my experience with a company called Hollis & Brown in Deeping St James, Lincs.

I bought a brand new Bessacarr back in July and my wife and I eagerly awaited,- as total beginners,- our first trip out. We got everything packed and ready to go and thought we should perhaps make sure things worked as they should. With water in the tank and primed as we were shown we found the pump working like mad but no water from the taps? I rang two local companies who couldn't do anything on the day but went through a series of checks over the phone but all to no avail. I found Hollis & Brown in the telephone book so gave them a ring, one of the owners Neal Hollis said " bring it round and I'll have a look for you". When we got there and explained our predicament, he came out (with carpet protector in hand which impressed me) went straight to the floor trap where the tank is and found the the pick up pipe had come adrift from said tank, he cleaned it all up, replaced the pipe and sealed it to make sure it didn't happen again. We asked him how much we owed him for his efforts and all he could be persuaded to take was a tenner and then waved us off to have a good holiday, but why didn't the other so called experts I rang suggest I checked this pipe?

My next experience happened this morning, I'd been having false alarms from the security system and thought perhaps mice or something had got in and set the alarm off, but then the siren stopped working altogether. I rang Vanbitz who fitted the alarm, they were very helpful but of course being 150 miles away this didn't help, but they offered to send a new siren and talk me through how to fit it. This involved taking out the headlight which to be honest I didn't fancy particularly as it was way down below freezing this morning. So I popped round to Hollis & Brown again, Neal took it into their workshop, stopped what he was doing, stripped the light out, replaced the siren then checked it all through to make sure everthing worked and sent me on my way and again would only take a minimum amount.

So I would say, if you live in or near the area or happen to be visiting and find yourself in trouble or need a servicing done I can highly recommend them, well done lads. :-)

Guest pelmetman

Must be something about Lincolnshire B-)................

Horace's steering had been getting stiff at low speeds, contemplating power steering, but can't get it done before we go away so our garage chap took the universal joint apart, freed it up put it back on about an hours work ;-)

Charge...........nuffink :D

Customer service is still out there if you look for it ;-)

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2012-12-11 5:57 PM

He probably took a look at your van, took pity, and decided you needed the money more than him. (lol)

He's even offered to buy it ;-)

Archived