Tesco Electric Folding Bike

william1

Guest JudgeMental

Are these the £399 ones? A link would be handy.........They are not reasonably priced but dirt cheap and like anything you gets what you pay for. Really it depends on your expectations and what you intend to use them for......

The dedicated e bike forum pedelecs.co.uk a better place to ask. Big fan of e bikes but we have expensive ones we use all the time. If they play up at least you can return so better then some of the junk on eBay....

The V54 Viking E-Go folding bike comes from the highly regarded Viking brand and is a great choice of electric bike for those looking to commute with great ease as well as being eco friendly and perfect for leisure use.

Full Product Specification:

• Battery - 24V/9AH Lithium Ion

• Motor - 250W Brushless Geared/Front Drive

• Power mode - PAS LED Display 3 Power Level

• PAS Sensor Speed sensor 6 magnetic V7

• Charger - CE Approval Intelligent

• Controller - 24V/12A

• Brake Level - Power cut off

• Lighting System - F/R LED AAA battery CE

• Display - PAS LED Display 3 power modes

• Gears - SHIMANO TY 6 Speed

• Brakes - F/V Brake R/Expansion Brake

• Wheels - 20"/2.125" alloy rim stainless spoke

• Frame & Fork - Alloy 6061. Steel fork ZOOM

• Handle Bar & Stem - Foldable alloy zoom

Guest JudgeMental
More Chinese junk on our doorstep, and you wonder what happened to UK manufacturing...Meanwhile we sold Raleigh (the oldest Nottingham based bike manafacturer in the world) to the Germans, and now its part of the most successful bike group in Europe, the Dutch Accell group, who sell it back to us.......

Guest JudgeMental
the thing being these probably so poor the novelty will soon wear oft, and they will end up languishing in the garage *-) Whereas decent bikes far more enjoyable and you are encouraged to do more.....

Eddie is right you get what you pay for, on his advice I bought a top of the range wisper which I think is great. I have also just bought one of those from tesco for my other half knowing in advance that she will use it very little, my idea behind that is my total loss can only be 300 quid and it will be. If you intend to use a lot buy a good one. Barrie

Archived