Look at the nose on that!

blackfingers

At traffic lights he driver would have to stop a vehicles length back from the line to keep the lights in view but his eyes would be ready for the gloom of driving into a tunnel. Could the driver be breathalysed for driving with a hangover.

Airflow around the top edge of the cab doors would best be described as complex even turbulent.

But so easy to find at a show.

Guest pelmetman
Derek Uzzell - 2012-12-14 5:56 PM

A Karmann Ontario 580 - if anyone is curious about the make/model.

Perhaps it should of been called........Karmann Veranda :D :D

I have one of these (not this one), if you look you'll see that you sit inside of the rear wheels, this means you chuck the highway code in the bin and always park nose in and reverse out of parking space or drive as it's much safer. Also with the roof on it can be difficult to see traffic lights, thats where the little lights low down as seen in France come in handy.

1931592264_longnose.jpg.12f406ee4fc6408771cbffa1d51d127a.jpg

colin - 2012-12-14 9:28 PM

I have one of these (not this one), if you look you'll see that you sit inside of the rear wheels, this means you chuck the highway code in the bin and always park nose in and reverse out of parking space or drive as it's much safer. Also with the roof on it can be difficult to see traffic lights, thats where the little lights low down as seen in France come in handy.

A Dutton Phaeton - yes?

Guest pelmetman

Just goes to show over cab designs are a difficult thing to make look attractive ;-)...........

Maybe I'm bias but I think they were doing a better job years ago :D

DSCN2157web.jpg.3a3c26b8b3bd85175cd53cb2c26ca0df.jpg

pelmetman - 2012-12-15 9:30 AM

Just goes to show over cab designs are a difficult thing to make look attractive ;-)...........

Nothing ugly about the " over-cab " designs ( well, not all of them ) -

--------- but some of these are " over-bonnet "

I do wonder what the wind resistance is like - can't be very fuel efficient.

:-|

Derek Uzzell - 2012-12-15 9:28 AM

colin - 2012-12-14 9:28 PM

A Dutton Phaeton - yes?

Yes an S1

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2012-12-15 9:38 AM

pelmetman - 2012-12-15 9:30 AM

Nothing ugly about the " over-cab " designs ( well, not all of them ) -

--------- but some of these are " over-bonnet "

It does seem that all vehicle design is more aggressive now days :-S.............I guess its all about attitude 8-)....................The more ugly it is the more attitude it has *-)................

That's why I'm such a nice bloke :D.................I'd never buy a beemer (lol) (lol)

Archived