Le-Tour 2014

kelly58

Tony Jones - 2012-12-14 12:38 PMThat's great news - so we can all go and park our motorhomes by the course to watch the event without even having to cross the channel!They WILL be allowing that, won't they?Oh - just woke up from my lovely dream!

Of course we can Tony you know the UK is soooooooooooo Motorhome Friendly park anytime anywhere you wish with the lowest priced campsites in Europe . Do you still believe in Santa ? I do !!

Tony Jones - 2012-12-14 12:38 PM

That's great news - so we can all go and park our motorhomes by the course to watch the event without even having to cross the channel!

They WILL be allowing that, won't they?

Oh - just woke up from my lovely dream!

Dream on Tony.

Stopping alongside the roads will be banned but you will be able to park along the edge of enterprising farmers fields, facing the road......................

.........for £60 a night.

:-(

yeti - 2012-12-14 4:27 PMThe stage finish is in Scarborough,who are very anti motorhomes. Best place to view may be Sutton Bank,caravans are banned there!I wonder if the Hovis bike lad will be there!

The Hovis lad with his trade bike was at Shaftsbury .

Don't think you Sutherners can all come up 'ere blocking our roads, pinching our women and generally raping, robbing & pillaging us county and doing it all for nowt.

We 'ave a saying up 'ere which reflects our personalities an' beliefs and we don't intend to change it for thee bikists wi' yor tight pants and campervans.

Hear all, see all, say nowt,

Eat all, drink all, pay nowt

An if tha' ever does owt for nowt,

Do it for the sen

So...........Don't expect it to be free Tony!!!

Mike

Mike B. - 2012-12-14 6:12 PM

Don't think you Sutherners can all come up 'ere blocking our roads, pinching our women and generally raping, robbing & pillaging us county and doing it all for nowt.

We 'ave a saying up 'ere which reflects our personalities an' beliefs and we don't intend to change it for thee bikists wi' yor tight pants and campervans.

Do it for the sen

Mike

(lol) (lol) (lol) exactly you southerners should stay away far too expensive for thee!!

ave got me place already for nowt :-D comes right passed us....but me buddy will let thee into field not for £60 but for £80 an heal thro in a pork pie an peas.. na theres a bargain 8-)

jon

silverback - 2012-12-14 11:05 PM

(lol) (lol) (lol) exactly you southerners should stay away far too expensive for thee!!

ave got me place already for nowt :-D comes right passed us....but me buddy will let thee into field not for £60 but for £80 an heal thro in a pork pie an peas.. na theres a bargain 8-)

jon

Have you got insider knowledge, jon (?)

Report on YTV tonight, said route will not be released until 17th January.

Mike B. - 2012-12-14 6:12 PM

Do it for the sen

Mike

jon

How much without the peas?

flicka - 2012-12-14 11:26 PM

jon

Have you got insider knowledge, jon (?)

Report on YTV tonight, said route will not be released until 17th January.

yeh Flicka, apparently starts in leeds then up thro ilkley (near us 2mile) then into the dales for aday then maybe a sprint round sheffield to finish but this is like you say not confirmed yet, also i think the southerners might get a chance cos there on about a mini stage in london...like you say to be confirmed

Pjay...soz but full price even without the peas *-) youve no choice here tha gets what tha given or go hungry (lol)

jon

Tony Jones - 2012-12-14 11:42 PM

I'm FAR worse than a southerner (just happen to be exiled here).

I'm really from the north - but WEST of the Pennines!!!!

Born in Stockport, lived in Burnley, Bury and Cuimbria before emigrating down here.

Seems like the Border Force at Watford Gap are not very efficient.

;-)

Tony Jones - 2012-12-14 11:42 PM

I'm FAR worse than a southerner (just happen to be exiled here).

I'm really from the north - but WEST of the Pennines!!!!

Born in Stockport, lived in Burnley, Bury and Cuimbria before emigrating down here.

Blimey-Thought it was bad enough being a Southerner! But with the life you must have had living in those places, trying to educate yourself, not pointing & staring at your neighbours and possibly being the Black Pudding mines chaplain, perhaps you do deserve some reward.

I might let you camp in the paddock for a small consideration.

I am certainly looking forward to Tour T' France in Yorkshire. But somehow watching the riders flash by over the Yorkshire moors does not compare with seeing them ascend Alpe d'Huez twice, with the option to spend the night on Dutch corner sinking a few Orangebooms.

Previous Tour visits to the UK have not had things like the Publicity Caravan which adds to the atmosphere.

If you want the proper Tour experience go south and cross the channel. There that should keep a few people away and leave room for me to find a good parking spot.

AliB - 2012-12-16 2:17 PM

I am certainly looking forward to Tour T' France in Yorkshire. But somehow watching the riders flash by over the Yorkshire moors does not compare with seeing them ascend Alpe d'Huez twice, with the option to spend the night on Dutch corner sinking a few Orangebooms.

Is there a viable cycle route up Ingleborough? That should rate a few KoM points.

Previous Tour visits to the UK have not had things like the Publicity Caravan which adds to the atmosphere.

The first time we ever saw the Tour "live" was when it started in London and went out via Canterbury. We watched on a bend on the outskirts of Canterbury, and there was certainly a promotional "caravane" then.

If you want the proper Tour experience go south and cross the channel.

I wouldn't argue with that Ali - see my original response on this thread! At Canterbury, we booked in to a CCC "rally" on a school field a couple of hundred yards from the course. So we could at least use the MH, but not in the way we've since done in France!

Tony Jones - 2012-12-18 1:09 PM

Is there a viable cycle route up Ingleborough? That should rate a few KoM points.

There is, as used in the 3 Peaks Cyclocross. Too tough for Tour rides. Have a look at some of these photos and you will see what I mean.

http://www.3peakscyclocross.org.uk/photos_2012.htm

The first time we ever saw the Tour "live" was when it started in London and went out via Canterbury. We watched on a bend on the outskirts of Canterbury, and there was certainly a promotional "caravane" then.

Great, let's hope they have it in 2014. I must have missed it in london.

• 1 month later...

Just had a look at the Tour route for 2014.

Day 1 Leeds to Harrogate - should sort a few out.

Day 2 York to Sheffield - does't look to strenuous until it hits the Snake Pass.

Day 3 Cambridge to London - looks like an easy day for the sprinters to shine.

So it should give lots of opportunities for lots of the "wannabe's" to get a view.

Only problem - days 1 & 2 could have many areas where roadside parking will have to be restricted, especially on the climbs.

flicka - 2013-01-23 12:13 AM

Just had a look at the Tour route for 2014.

Day 1 Leeds to Harrogate - should sort a few out.

Day 2 York to Sheffield - does't look to strenuous until it hits the Snake Pass.

Day 3 Cambridge to London - looks like an easy day for the sprinters to shine.

So it should give lots of opportunities for lots of the "wannabe's" to get a view.

Only problem - days 1 & 2 could have many areas where roadside parking will have to be restricted, especially on the climbs.

Day 3, on the other hand, is down our neck of t'woods. But I'd still be amazed if they allow any roadside overnighting!

Tony

can thee tell me what part of Wales CUIMBRIA 's in, I've ad a gander at map wi'out any luck.

Ta fetler

If anyone is interested motorhome parking will be allowed on the windward side of Wigan Pier, but beware, anyone caught crab fishing without a licence will be deported to No Mans Land south of Watford Gap

Phil (Lancashire born, bread & buttered)

Archived