windscreen wiper for 09 fiat ducato

peacock312

Hi ,driving back from Spain last week the longest wiper blade, 26inches long, on my 09 Fiat, driver side,split,couldnt get one at any filling stations i tried,got back with little rain thank goodness,

Yesterday i went to Halfords armed with the damaged blade as pattern,i asked assistant for correct one,Bosch if possible,he looked it up on computer,we can only offer you our own make,ok i said,£19.99

he said,phew said i ,gone up a bit!,paid left, later i wandered into Range store,200 yards away,wandered down autoparts gangway, wiper blades,26inch,i took them out packets,the Range one was better with thin metal strip strentheners,otherwise identicle,BUT ONLY £3.99 each,back to Halfords for a refund like a shot.. Wont last as long they said,no said i but i can get 5 of these,change them every 6 months if i want

& still 4 pence change. fitted today,perfect. going to get 2 more now for spare,

Fitting one of these is substantially easier than say, driving?

Halfords would have fitted it for the price they wanted and compared to Fiat's price for the part and less than 2 minutes to fit, that puts Halfords' labour rate at £150 per hour and I reckon even a franchised dealer could do it for that!

Merry Christmas everyone. Get your queries to me by 1230 tomorrow or that's it until January!!

Nick

Guest pelmetman
euroserv - 2012-12-20 5:50 PM

Fitting one of these is substantially easier than say, driving?

Halfords would have fitted it for the price they wanted and compared to Fiat's price for the part and less than 2 minutes to fit, that puts Halfords' labour rate at £150 per hour and I reckon even a franchised dealer could do it for that!

Merry Christmas everyone. Get your queries to me by 1230 tomorrow or that's it until January!!

Nick

Crikey 8-).......................Main dealers are cheaper than Halfords shock? 8-)..................Useful info Nick ;-)................and a Merry Christmas to you and yours :D..........................from the village idiot (lol)

Guest Peter James

Local Motor Factor charged me £12.47 for the 26" blade - RRP £26.68.

The other one is smaller so cost a bit less £11.15 - RRP £23.94

(All prices including 20% VAT)

These new type are dear, but they are good (and the easiest ever to fit)

Archived