Here's what to by your grandchildren for Christmas

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

8-) 8-) 8-)

Sales of bulletproof backpacks have soared in America in the wake of the latest school shooting as anxious parents seek drastic measures to protect their children. Firearms enthusiasts have also caused sales of assault weapons to spike in anticipation of tighter gun control.

The unusual increase in sales for armoured backpacks designed to shield children caught in shootings were noticed by three companies that produce them.

After the Connecticut shooting, Ken Larson and his wife have decided to buy their son an armoured backpack - even though the one-year-old won't be in school for a few more years."My son's life is invaluable," said Mr Larson, 41, of Salt Lake City, Utah. "If I can get him a backpack for 200 dollars (£123) that makes him safer, I don't even have to think about that."

The armour inserts fit into the back panel of a child's backpack. It is designed to stop bullets from handguns, not assault weapons like the one used in Friday's shooting where Adam Lanza, 20, entered a school in Newtown, Connecticut, killing 26 people, including 20 children who were just six and seven years old.

"If I can get him a backpack for 200 dollars (£123) that makes him safer, I don't even have to think about that."

If he thought about it...............he's living in the wrong place *-)

Archived