Weather in Spain

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Cool breeze today...............will have to wear my fleece over my T shirt 8-)..................still need sunglasses though B-)

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2013-01-15 11:06 PM

I was going to set off for Spain today until I saw the weather forecast.

Its overcast today :'( ............so a bit cool 68f in the van.........got the low voltage heating on still 8-).............I've usually turned it off by now as the sun beaming in to the van makes it too warm ;-)...............Oh well never mind *-).........at least I found out yesterday that because our pitch hasn't been finished of yet........ie no metered electric box :D.......................so free leccy B-)

Guest JudgeMental

probably heading down mid March and hope it was like last year which was excellent.........I know it cant be guaranteed but here is hoping. Any one going to be around Alicante area?

I have a season as a male stripper in a few Benidorm clubs...working on tan (machine) as we speak :-S

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2013-01-16 10:07 PM

probably heading down mid March and hope it was like last year which was excellent.........I know it cant be guaranteed but here is hoping. Any one going to be around Alicante area?

I have a season as a male stripper in a few Benidorm clubs...working on tan (machine) as we speak :-S

Don't forget the chest waxing ;-).................nothing worse than hairy M(.)(.)bs :D

PS 22 degrees today mostly sunny B-)

As it was my 75th Birthday yesterday we decided to treat ourselves to 4 days all in at the Benidorm Melia and it was too hot to sit in the sun on our balcony yesterday. Total cost £255 booked through Hotels4U.

Today we are glad to be back on camping La Torreta so we can have a decent night's sleep without high heels clacking about from 11.30 to 1.00 and again from 5.00 until 6.30 this morning when they must have checked out. There was a nice birthday card and bottle of Cava Rosado waiting for me from the campsite when I got back.

A bit cooler today and some cloud, but the olive tree on our pitch has been pruned so we now have sun in the van from 9am to 5pm most days.

Another afternoon playing petanque then dinner in the Chinese again for us.

Guest pelmetman
Mike88 - 2013-01-18 11:47 AM

Blimey! The Hotel Melia and Camping La Torretta are about 20 yards apart.

James saved a bit on traveling then? :D..............many happy returns ;-).............do you get a free tv licence now? :-D

Weather here........overcast but warm 70f and the winds dropped B-)

No free TV license for us in France, you have to be on a very low income for that, so we hope not to qualify but the pound is going down again so you never know.

The camper stayed on the site where it is safe, but we hardly left the hotel so we have eaten and drunk too much. The hotels in Benidorm are half the price of anywhere else so it made sense to walk down there.

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2013-01-18 5:01 PM

pelmetman - 2013-01-18 12:54

Record temperature in Penrith today.........46.5c 8-) B-) B-)

Dave

I should dial 999 as 46.5 c is 115.7 f 8-).................Penrith's on fire ;-)

pelmetman - 2013-01-18 6:07 PM

nowtelse2do - 2013-01-18 5:01 PM

pelmetman - 2013-01-18 12:54

Record temperature in Penrith today.........46.5c 8-) B-) B-)

Dave

I should dial 999 as 46.5 c is 115.7 f 8-).................Penrith's on fire ;-)

Part of it is, its in Sydney. All together now....'Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside' >:-)

Dave

Guest pelmetman

Wind and floods today 8-)

A warm gale blowing at the moment......dare not leave the pitch in case the driveaway takes off...........although its well strapped down ;-)

Floods because I turned the tap on to fill the tank and forgot about it *-)..................and flooded the awning :-(.....

Oh well...........at least it should dry out quick with this gale blowing :D

Guest pelmetman

Just to cheer you all up ;-).....................we've had gales for two days.........and...........30 minutes of rain *-)................our first since leaving France on the 2nd :D..............

Today has been a bit cloudy but pleasant :-D...............Forecast.............more sun B-)

Just got back from a month in Tenerife (Not in van) temperatures day 28 + night lowest was 18 deg. Got an extra day as could not get flight back to Bournemouth, due to snow, so we had an extra day in the sun

Good job we left Central heating on

Hope it warms up for you guys and girls in Spain/Portugal, otherwise ship your vans to the Canaries

Lovely day in La Manga today-wall to wall sunshine almost and no wind (for a change) Definitely shorts & T shirts during the day but nippy at night. Around 20+ deg today and more of same forecast.

I believe they have an ich or 24 of snow in West Yorks!! :-D :-D

Mike

Similar story to the last post down here in Almeria. Two months of sunny weather with no rain at all and temperatures around 20C in the day and 7C at night - followed by a weekend of heavy rain and gales (max 11 km/hr!). We took our kitchen tent down on Friday and put it back upi on Sunday evening - several others on site were destroyed. OK now though - back to warm, sunny and dry.

• 1 month later...
Guest JudgeMental

Did you read that before posting?

"Rainfall is less likely to hit the Mediterranean coast and the Canary Islands, and where it does it will be relatively light.The strongest winds are expected to be seen in the south-west of the mainland, the Balearics and Galicia."

Long term not looking that great . last year we had great weather form Easter onward..If it dont pick up I'm not going...

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Benidorm-weather/Comunidad-Valenciana/ES.aspx

Archived