changing circumstances

peacock312

Hi,been to Spain for about last 8 winters.we went early Nov. last but came back before xmas due to problem ,now we want go back mid Feb,BUT, we stopped taking tow car on A frame this year due to tightening up of laws,my wife is unable to walk very far now but as per my other post,she now has small electric mobility buggy.

Problem now is, no car, no walking long distances, motorhome, which campsite to use?

We have used many sites in past, we like Tropicana, too far out, we love Cap Blanc, always full, we stayed at Bonterra Park Nov.Dec, ticks all boxes but i dont like the site now,we love Benidorm,used La Terreta many times,excellent,except now they have hedges between pitches so not so many take a 7.4mtr motorhome.

So,any sugestions of nice camps,near to towns,resraurants,poi,etc. with flat access,up to max 1 mile, would be much appreciated,

ideally situated between say Calpe to Mazzeron.

Taking a car on a trailer is too much of a faff, Loading and unloading, where do you you store It ?

The A -Frame is the perfect answer, IF ONLY the Spanish would see sense and 'adapt' their Laws.

About as much chance as every city,town and village in the UK getting an 'Aire' for motorhomes.

Blatant prejudice, no meaningful reasons against either. A bit of a 'diversion' I know, but so is the sugestion of a trailer. Cars on trailers will never 'catch on' with anyone who has ever had the convenience of an 'A' Frame. Ray

This is one of those dilemmas that affect a lot of people. Personally I think that I would go back to car/caravan combination if we didn't want to tow a trailer or hire a car locally, very reasonable for long term hire. On the algarve you can get a small 4 door car for 3 months for about 450 euros if you book in advance. Everyone will have different opinions and requirements.

Archived