Spain pet friendly ferry cabin tickets anyone?

Guest peter

We cancelled our trip to spain this year as we have at last got a buyer for our house and will have to look for another and start packing again. We cancelled this morning, so if anyone needs one, get in touch with britany ferries asap, you may be lucky.

Fortubately we get a voucher to be used in the next 2 Yrs, so all is not lost.

I was really looking forward to it as well.

Forgot to add, the crossing is on January 24th.

Guest pelmetman

Good news on the house Peter.... but a bit of a bummer on the trip to Spain...........where are you moving to?

I know a nice place in Lincolnshire with a campervan garage ;-)

My wife hates living here because of all the bloody tractors up and down the A52 loaded with cabbages.

It takes you ages to get into and through boston to get anywhere and the crap they drop on the roads is beyond the pale.

The problem is, that it has loads of space for the m/h and 3 cars and we are struggling to find something similar the other side of boston. We are looking at tattershall and places around there and spalding area.

She is also keen to buy a house, as she spent all her childhood in a bungalow and can't wait to look out of upstairs windows again over open countryside, instead of the A52,

Yes congratulations Peter on selling - I will keep my fingers crossed all goes well.

Could you outline exactly what the "Pet friendly cabin tickets" are please? We have two retriever sized dogs and have restricted our caravan holidays to the UK for some time because of this.

But if Brittany Ferries have Pet Friendly cabins - this could be very useful.

Ta :-D

Yes Clive. Some pet friendly cabins are offered byt britany ferries on the portsmouth to spain route in the winter. It means you can keep your pet with you in the cabin and there is an excercise area on the top deck for the necessary. But you have to book very early as they go quickly. Otherwise you have to put them in the onboard kennels and as our jack russell goes beserk at even the sight of another dog, that is not an option for us.

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2013-01-11 5:55 PM

It means you can keep your pet with you in the cabin

How steep are the stairs?...................and how big is the bed?....................as Troy likes to sleep with us :D.......

We sleep much better in the camper as he can't get up the ladder >:-)

They look good - have looked them up on the website but to be honest they just looked like the cabins we have used before.

My problem is Swmbo really does not like ferry journeys and so whilst myself and my son used the Plymouth Santander route, Swmbo would not want such a long trip. Which is a shame because the meals we had and a couple of light beers with a bit of entertainment put on made the trip very enjoyable.

The breakfasts we had just before arrival were superb.

So I think it will be the crossing(s) to Cherbourg which she can just about manage and I think with this route there are no pet friendly cabins - but I will check it out.

Peter, ref your house move - why not rent somewhere for a few months to give yourself time to find the right property, rather than rush to get somewhere that might not really be what you want. It would also put you in a much stronger case as a buyer and you should easily recoup your rental and extra moving costs with the discount you should get for not being in a chain/as a cash buyer.

Archived