busy in Spain?

peacock312

Hi,we booked yesterday Ports,Bilbao,5Feb,

We are aiming again for Benidorm region, probably visiting Calpemar/Cap blanc or most likely La torretta, are the camps full, this yr?we dont like booking as they always want 100euros dep, then we cannot get a pitch of choice & have to put with it.

Dave

Calpemar was full, when we left earlier - one waiting on the car park for a pitch. Spaces were available at Camping Bahia, Santa Pola but we decided against staying there. Marjal at Guardamar had nothing until next week, so we've ended up at Eco Marjal and most of the 1400 or so pitches here are occupied.

peacock312 - 2013-01-23 3:15 PM

Wints we will be in Adria van reg RX---------look us up,i will let you buy me beer!!!!!thanks,Dave

Will do.......if we get on!

Hymer B614 reg K50 ***

'JamesFrance' is there at the moment, could be a meet!!

regards

Allen

Guest pelmetman
T8LEY - 2013-01-23 12:06 AM

Calpemar was full, when we left earlier - one waiting on the car park for a pitch. Spaces were available at Camping Bahia, Santa Pola but we decided against staying there. Marjal at Guardamar had nothing until next week, so we've ended up at Eco Marjal and most of the 1400 or so pitches here are occupied.

Glad we booked Calpemar ;-) ................here at Camping Lomonte they're filling the pitches even before they've finished building them :D

Still blowing a gale though *-)

pelmetman - 2013-01-23 6:49 PM

Glad we booked Calpemar ;-) ................here at Camping Lomonte they're filling the pitches even before they've finished building them :D

It's a bit draughty here too! For future reference, would you recommend Lamonte? It looks a bit like this place, out in the sticks.

peacock312 - 2013-01-23 5:30 PM

Allan,just booked La Torretta,very helpfull,not asked for dep. yet. contacting others,all say now very busy in Spain camps, must be cold driving em down,! or camerons speech!!

Dave

Hi Dave, didn't know you could book. How did you go about it ?

thanks

Allen

peacock312 - 2013-01-23 7:23 PM

Hi Allen,i went onto La Torretta website,scroll down to info @La torretta,booking form,gave dates etc,requested reservation ,they came straight back asking which pitches we would like ,and promised us a pitch.not asked for deposit yet.

Regards Dave

Thanks Dave, I'm going to try that tomorrow.

Allen

Guest pelmetman
T8LEY - 2013-01-23 6:28 PM

pelmetman - 2013-01-23 6:49 PM

It's a bit draughty here too! For future reference, would you recommend Lamonte? It looks a bit like this place, out in the sticks.

It looks worse than it is on Google maps ;-).................10 ish minute walk to the sea......15/20 minutes to main restaurant areas........although the one onsite is cheap.....8 or 9 euro's during the week and 10 on Sunday for 3 courses and 1 euro for a decent coffee........supermarket 10 minute walk.

For retail therapy there's a new shopping complex near La Zinnia about 15 minutes by car :D......

Also the site pitches are a good size..........much bigger than Calpemar, and we're on a medium with usual own water and drainage........showers are the biggest we've ever encountered......all maintained to a good standard :-)..............They also offer individual pitch broadband, and UK satellite.....we have just the broadband for 25 euro a month, its good enough to watch UK TV with the expat tv thingy, although it can get a bit uppity at times (lol)

Not tried the indoor pool yet as you have to wear a condom on your head *-)..................or as they call them here, swim hats.................as if that'll stop people peeing in the pool 8-)

The only downside............No BBQ's :'(

Yes La Torreta is getting quite full now but there are still places available. You may need to start on a shady pitch and move when a good one comes free, no problem doing that. I would be surprised if they could allocate a specific pitch in advance as there is a good turnover but they don't know when you are due to leave.

http://www.campinglatorreta.com/EN/

This week they are replacing the washbasins in the block near us with new ones having single lever taps. Many improvements now and they are trying hard to please. We are on pitch 185 so come and say hello, a French registered Adria Twin.

Just checked yesterdays emails to La Torretta,i said i would like to stay from 8Feb for at least 4 weeks,

There immediate reply was yes they will have pitch for us,if we specify pitches we prefer, then they will try to reserve special pitch,as we have stayed before,i gave about 6 preferences down on L/H side,

Hope to see you all down there,and i hope its B------ WARMER ,minus about 10c last night.

Regards Dave.

Guest JudgeMental
Syd - 2013-01-24 2:03 PM

Camping Arena Blanca in Benidorm is currently full

Hmmm....not good..... will have to stay in your awning :D

Guest pelmetman
JamesFrance - 2013-01-24 4:43 PM

Syd - 2013-01-24 3:03 PM

Mmmmm...... Are the motorhomes packed tight in the carpark by the main road as they usually are at this time of year?

Don't worry Eddie there should be plenty of space by the time you come out.

Eddie should scare a few off (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest JudgeMental
pelmetman - 2013-01-24 5:10 PM

JamesFrance - 2013-01-24 4:43 PM

Syd - 2013-01-24 3:03 PM

Mmmmm...... Are the motorhomes packed tight in the carpark by the main road as they usually are at this time of year?

Don't worry Eddie there should be plenty of space by the time you come out.

Eddie should scare a few off (lol) (lol) (lol)

Yeah..I'll just get the old megaphone out, and do the "BRITISH POLICE! IDENTITY CHECK!" scam, and that wil clear a few out *-)

Goodness - what with the weather - see "Spain in Winter" thread - and now the warning from Syd that a particular site is full - HIGHLY recommended to me by Judgemental - I am thinking we should have headed further South as we did last year.

Anyway, I have emailed the site in question, and they have room next week. A phone call tomorrow, to make a deposit will secure a pitch.... but still wondering if we'll take a chance. I hate being committed to a stay.

And thanks Judgemental for the rallying call else thread. Wind is now rocking the van so much I am feeling sea sick!

Oh well.... as Mr Shakespeare has it - "the time and hour run through the roughest day"!

Cheers

Gwen

Guest JudgeMental

Heavens...Just get down the pub!..they might have a lock in :D

Hang on a minute..its the only site I have stayed on in the area, suits us but many others around . I did look at others but preferred this one as small and tidy and well equipped in comparison to some I saw which looked very bedraggled. you will need a wifi aerial if you want reliable reception on pitch.

I am sorry to hear that the weather is misbehaving itself. I did write on another Post here my personal reasons for not winter camping but I still do not want others to not enjoy what they have booked for. if it is any consolation even in May/June the wind can blow real strong and awnings etc disappear over the hedges. We have in the past moved from sites that one year were scorching but when we arrived the following year were damn cold, to others we felt were better. It is a little bit the luck of the draw.

Of course when you do arrive and the weather looks grey you know other campers will always cheer you up by saying 'you should have been here last week, scorching etc'.

Tie everything down and open the whisky bottle.

JudgeMental - 2013-01-24 7:36 PM

Heavens...Just get down the pub!..they might have a lock in :D

Hang on a minute..its the only site I have stayed on in the area, suits us but many others around . I did look at others but preferred this one as small and tidy and well equipped in comparison to some I saw which looked very bedraggled. you will need a wifi aerial if you want reliable reception on pitch.

Well maybe it wasn't you who recommended it [it was in the context of a discussion about France v Spain and Aires in France I have a hazy notion??] ..... but no matter... I do realise that what suits one does not suit another. The one we stayed at in Benidorm last year I HATED ... some love it.....

So I'm sure that the one you [if it were you!] mentioned would suit us more..... we will go and see.

Cheers

Gwen

Plenty of room here in La Manga at present. Weather is beautiful but bit windy (Yesterday was gale force all day) However, at top/middle of site on East side it is lovely as it is sheltered from the wind.

Weather set to get warmer along the East coast but Costa del sol forecast is not so good it's averaging about 21 here out of the wind.

Still better than West Yorks @ -10!

Mike

PS sat here drinking Cava at £1 a bottle celebrating my daughter getting a 1st in her degree announced today. Looks like 3 years of trauma was worth it! :-D

Archived