busy in Spain?

peacock312

Yes a few awnings destroyed by wind here at la Torreta today, but this happens every winter about now. About 4 years ago we saw the Benidorm circus marquee ripped to shreds and one year all the shutters on the International school were sucked out and shredded. Nothing to worry about and it will soon be good weather again. Most motorhomes just wind in their awnings and sit tight, we don't even bother with one as we don't bother to cook as it is so cheap to eat out here.

We know Arena Blanca well but would not consider it for the winter as it is mainly permanents. El Raco has a lot of caravans and Torreta is mainly motorhomes nowadays. On La Torreta the left side of the site is nearly all British, whereas the other side has many different nationalities, Belgian Italian Dutch Swedish Norwegian French Slovenian and Brits as well, who all mix in together if you like to do that.

Loads of suggestions..... think we will just drive on down and see where we land up.... if all else fails we can park our van on the driveway of my little cousin’s villa in Moraira..... we are due to meet her there anyway sometime in February.

Raise my glass [red wine; not Cava, sorry!] to the daughter with the First. Never mind 3 years of trauma... eight years later, and ours is still studying....

Thanks for all the suggestions. Most welcome.

Cheers,

Gwen

Gwendolyn - 2013-01-24 8:46 PM

Loads of suggestions..... think we will just drive on down and see where we land up.... if all else fails we can park our van on the driveway of my little cousin’s villa in Moraira..... we are due to meet her there anyway sometime in February.

Raise my glass [red wine; not Cava, sorry!] to the daughter with the First. Never mind 3 years of trauma... eight years later, and ours is still studying....

Cheers,

Gwen

Thanks for that Gwen-she's just announced she may carry on for the Phd...Aaargh!!! :-( :-(

Mike B. - 2013-01-25 11:10 AM

Gwendolyn - 2013-01-24 8:46 PM

Cheers,

Gwen

Thanks for that Gwen-she's just announced she may carry on for the Phd...Aaargh!!! :-( :-(

Oh, there's no rush tell her. I got an MA at 60. Have started working for a PhD, but I need to stop travelling in the motorhome long enough to register and jolly well get on with the research and with writing a thesis. Maybe when I'm 80?

Weather MUCH improved today, T shirt and shorts, and sitting outside for lunch weather; glass of chilled rose weather .... could be tempted to stay where we are for a while longer, IF we knew it would stay like this

Mike B. - 2013-01-24 8:19 PM

Plenty of room here in La Manga at present. Weather is beautiful but bit windy (Yesterday was gale force all day) However, at top/middle of site on East side it is lovely as it is sheltered from the wind.

Weather set to get warmer along the East coast but Costa del sol forecast is not so good it's averaging about 21 here out of the wind.

Still better than West Yorks @ -10!

Mike

PS sat here drinking Cava at £1 a bottle celebrating my daughter getting a 1st in her degree announced today. Looks like 3 years of trauma was worth it! :-D

Congrats to your daughter Mike

Our Grandaughter also got a first in Maths , and has been able to get a job straight away. Well worth the time spent getting Real subjects degrees , and not some useless one.

Hope weather still OK in Spain

PJay

• 1 month later...

Hi Peacock and James France. We've now arrived on LaTorrreta, are you both still here ?

Can't get any brit tv channels off the tv feed from the post grrrrr..Any help ?

We're on pitch 193, sat in the van out of the rain ! Spent 2 hrs this morning washing the Sahara sand off the van after yesterdays deluge.

regards

Allen & Eileen

Archived