Flying Solo

Caroline

Mike88 - 2014-12-09 2:19 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2014-12-09 8:55 AM

Bulletguy - 2014-12-09 1:07 AM

JudgeMental - 2014-12-08 7:49 PM

I was hoping to see when this thread appeared again as to how Caroline was getting on, as since then I have joined MHF as well. and it has a very active solo group and they organise lots of general meets both home and abroad. a lot of lady members also..Give it a whirl it really is fun.

Why pay to go on a forum?

The Warners forums have remained very much discussion groups, whereas MotorHomeFacts (MHF)

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/

has evolved into more of a ‘club’.

I disagree that MHF has evolved into a club as opposed to a discussion group. There are 1.25m posts on MHF covering some 127000 threads. With 88000 members there are plenty of discussions and the small annual fee is well worth it for the knowledge gained.

You appear to have interpreted my 'evolved into a club’ comment as some sort of criticism of MHF - my intention was exactly the opposite.

In the paragraph that followed my ‘club’ comment I pointed out that, whereas paying MHF’s £12.50 subscription to participate on an Out&AboutLive-type forum might be difficult to justify, the far greater scope of MHF (that includes organising ‘club-type’ events) will make the cost of MHF’s subscription worthwhile to many people.

As I’ve said in the past, if I were the UK’s Motorhome-Forum Czar and had ultimate power, I’d close down all the current forums except for MHF.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derek Uzzell - 2014-12-11 11:36 AM

You appear to have interpreted my 'evolved into a club’ comment as some sort of criticism of MHF - my intention was exactly the opposite.

In the paragraph that followed my ‘club’ comment I pointed out that, whereas paying MHF’s £12.50 subscription to participate on an Out&AboutLive-type forum might be difficult to justify, the far greater scope of MHF (that includes organising ‘club-type’ events) will make the cost of MHF’s subscription worthwhile to many people.

As I’ve said in the past, if I were the UK’s Motorhome-Forum Czar and had ultimate power, I’d close down all the current forums except for MHF.

It turns out JM meant MHFun and not MHFacts Derek.

I doubt 'Fun' has that amount of membership though as someone else commented, it's possible Facts doesn't either and is just 'bait' for advertisers.

Either way, “Facts’ and ‘Fun’ have both evolved from a basic discussion-type forum like this one into something with a much wider scope.

There are plenty of no-subscription discussion-type forums for people just wishing to yap about motorhomes, but that doesn’t automatically make the subscription-type motorhome-related websites poor value.

Archived