FIAMMA 65s.........what to do with it?

snowie

gocro - 2013-02-11 3:00 PM

Have you you tried to pull back in place?

Ours was ok driving 600 miles back from Spain and works fine.

I've considered putting a small lip on the edge of the leading rail,

but only if it occours again.

Hi Gordon, I'm following up the Fiamma "kit " suggested, in correspondence with Unipart Leisure in Coventry, Fiamma dealers apparently.

Van is on drive and not going anywhere at moment. I'm reluctant to do anything until I've got a response, and hopefully bits fro Fiamma, will keep forum posted

alan b

snowie - 2013-02-11 3:11 PM  Hi Gordon, I'm following up the Fiamma "kit " suggested, in correspondence with Unipart Leisure in Coventry, Fiamma dealers apparently.Van is on drive and not going anywhere at moment. I'm reluctant to do anything until I've got a response, and hopefully bits fro Fiamma, will keep forum postedalan b

Thanks!
I was just going to email Unipart

Steve

Homenaway - 2013-02-12 6:35 PM

snowie - 2013-02-11 3:11 PM  Hi Gordon, I'm following up the Fiamma "kit " suggested, in correspondence with Unipart Leisure in Coventry, Fiamma dealers apparently.Van is on drive and not going anywhere at moment. I'm reluctant to do anything until I've got a response, and hopefully bits fro Fiamma, will keep forum postedalan b
ThanksI was just going to email Unipart

I emailed on 4Feb, no reply by 11Feb so I phoned, expected response today, maybe they're checking with Fiamma. said they'd not come acroos the proble before.

I'll phone again Thursday if no response by then.

alan b

snowie - 2013-02-13 4:18 PM

yeti - 2013-02-13 12:17 PM

Try these guys

http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/

Thanks Will; I'm getting close to abandoning Unipart Leisure!

Have you had good service from agentfiamma, same problem with awning?

cheers

alan b

UPDATE:

Unipart Leisure have sent for some bits from Italy; so they have done what I was hoping and have found a solution; I'll keep you all posted when I get the bits and see how easy it is to DIY.

I also contacted Craig at agentfiamma, who was very helpful.

I'll post a further update when the problem is sorted,

Thanks to everyone who contributed. I hope that everyone who has had this problem manages to get it sorted.

Once again this forum comes up trumps

regards

alan b

Thought you'd all like to know that I've been outside, put some scaffold up, and pulled the casing back into place!

It was accompanied by an almighty "CRACK" like a shot from a rifle.

The awning wound out and back in again with no problems so very relieved. Looking forward to seeing the bits that will stop it happening again.

Hope it's the same for you if you have the problem.

alan b

• 2 weeks later...

Received the parts from Unipart(well done them) this wednesday.Two aluminium pieces about 3cm long,you have to take an end cap off to fit them,they slide along a channel of the main body and are fixed in place with stainless set screws.Only about 2cm come into contact with the cover,and thats on the back edge,I really cant see them being of much use.

As it is I'm chopping the van in next friday for a Stardream so I'm leaving it for the dealer to sort.

gocro - 2013-03-02 8:42 AM

Received the parts from Unipart(well done them) this wednesday.Two aluminium pieces about 3cm long,you have to take an end cap off to fit them,they slide along a channel of the main body and are fixed in place with stainless set screws.Only about 2cm come into contact with the cover,and thats on the back edge,I really cant see them being of much use.

As it is I'm chopping the van in next friday for a Stardream so I'm leaving it for the dealer to sort.

Amazing Gordon;

I'm still waiting for mine!!!

alan b

• 3 weeks later...

Got my clips a few days ago; and I can't see how they address the problem. I've contacted the dealer and am waiting to see how my query progresses. Not optimistic.

I do now have an email @ Fiamma, so I'll maybe try that later,

alan b

Guest JudgeMental
But if your awning has only two fixings, one at each end, surely this contributes to the flexing..mine has 3 brackets.

JudgeMental - 2013-03-21 9:27 AM

But if your awning has only two fixings, one at each end, surely this contributes to the flexing..mine has 3 brackets.

But the clips sent by Fiamma do nothing to address the problem that I had. Not related to the fixing to the roof,

alan b

awning2.jpg.08362281db7586707880595c478dba84.jpg

Archived