Get your purse out Mel

colin

I've never been to see the collection, but I know if a few people who sold their cars to Bruce - there's an Isetta pick-up with a green tarpaulin cover which was extremely rare and our mate Allen fully restored it and used to run around in it to various rallies before eventually being made a silly offer by Bruce so he parted with it.

I started my first ever job after leaving school at Sharps Commercials (Bond Minis) in Preston as an indentured apprentice coppersmith & sheet metal worker, worked mainly on 2 production models the Mk. F & the MK. G as far as I can recall they both had a Villiers 250 cc engine in them, they where also fitted with Lockheed hydraulic brakes as opposed to their predecessors with rod & cable brakes. I and all the other workers were made redundant from Bonds in 1965 / 1966 when production finished. I still had about 14 months left before finishing my apprenticeship but managed to find a job with a commercial vehicle body builders who agreed to allow me to finish serving my time. Happy days!!.

Phil

Archived