mmm March Yet another C##k Up?

Basil

Don't know if this has already been picked up by anyone but hadn't noticed a thread.

Having found several severe errors in previous MMM's and had no response to my e-mailed attempts to put the matter right, I decided to point out what I consider to be a glaring error in this months MMM to the forum and see what others conclude.

So page 222, article on greasing Alko back axles. I have had to do this operation in the past on my caravan chassis so was aware of the requirements, looking at the pictures I immediately realised that the job was being carried out with the axle under load, which is incorrect. Reading the article the author states in paragraph four 'with the suspension in the no-load position' which is correct.

Now with the axle stands under the axle, whilst maybe the wheels are off the ground, the axle is still fully loaded! Or am I missing something.

Bas

In the Motorhome & Campervan February issue it clearly shows the chassis has been lifted by bottle jacks and the wheels and axle are freely suspended whilst grease is being applied to the nipples. It states that the axle is being correctly serviced by Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services. Well done Dave.

Many apologies I have just seen that the axle fitted to this Alko is different to the one I was reffering to and it is only the trailing arms that need to be left off load.

Once again I apologise for MY error on this occasion.

Bas

Archived