Insurance renewal

Guest peter

Just had my renewal quote from safeguard and it was a bit of a shock at £451.00. I will have to have a look around for alternatives.

Does anyone recommend anyone that is reasonable for similar cover to safeguard ie fully comp' and european breakdown cover.?

Guest JudgeMental
Mines with safeguard so will shop about as well as its up end next month...is comfort the one that you loose your no claims with? As i remember a recent thread about some odd practice with no claim bonus.....

Guest JudgeMental
JudgeMental - 2013-02-08 8:53 AM

Mines with safeguard so will shop about as well as its up end next month...is comfort the one that you loose your no claims with? As i remember a recent thread about some odd practice with no claim bonus.....

Or maybe it was caravan guard

*-)

We pay £90 for rescue and recovery with Brittania and that covers us for a lot ofnon EU countries as well and our new insurance renewal is £267 again with a lot of non EU countries (Bosnia etc) that is with having made a claim last summer but we do have protected NCD, we thought that was very reasonable as it has been every year. Most years I do a search but have never come up cheaper, its with Caravan Club.

laimeduck - 2013-02-08 8:29 AM

Mine came yesterday - Comfort ~£280 including European breakdown with RAC or ~£220 without. (We have just signed up with ADAC which seems a much better breakdown deal as it covers all the cars in our household.)

Jeremy, is that including your classics. How much is the breakdown cover and is there limited mileage.

Dave

Thanks for the replies chaps. The stupid thing is I can't get a quote until 31 days before renewal. It runs out on 1st of april,, so will have to wait until end of the month.

peter - 2013-02-07 10:30 PM

Just had my renewal quote from safeguard and it was a bit of a shock at £451.00. I will have to have a look around for alternatives.

Does anyone recommend anyone that is reasonable for similar cover to safeguard ie fully comp' and european breakdown cover.?

Comfort offer exactly the same deal as Safeguard on European cover.....365 day unlimited. I used to be with Safeguard but their renewal was daft so I phoned around and Comfort gave me the best quote. It was about £40 less and when I phone Safeguard to see if they would match it they were not interested in the slightest. In fact I was surprised at their manner. They make so much money they can easily afford to lose customers!

Mine is due for renewal in the next month or so and who knows....I may end up back at Safeguard with a better quote as a 'new' customer!

That's how it works.

nowtelse2do - 2013-02-08 1:57 PM

laimeduck - 2013-02-08 8:29 AM

Mine came yesterday - Comfort ~£280 including European breakdown with RAC or ~£220 without. (We have just signed up with ADAC which seems a much better breakdown deal as it covers all the cars in our household.)

Jeremy, is that including your classics. How much is the breakdown cover and is there limited mileage.

Dave

Dave , no, any vehicle registered in my or my wife's name, or any vehicle I am driving is covered, including my Sachs 125 MadAss motorbike. So my daughter driving my 1986 2CV is covered. In addition, motorhomes are insured up to - A height of 3.20 m, including cargo and - A maximum total weight of 7.5 tonnes. There is no mention of a mileage limit as it goes with the person, not the vehicle. Price for ADAC PartnerPlusPackage membership (primary and partner member) (ie spouse) 98.70€ per year.

I have a total of 5 vehicles all covered by the one fee!

Archived