Just to say Hello

Wandering

Hi Everyone - Just joined the forum so I thought I'd just say hello. I live in the York area, just had my car MOTd and now I'm ready for the off again this year. Me and Sylvia have done camping of some sort or other since the 1970s with tents, caravans or motor caravans but we still enjoy the start of the season each new year as if it's our first - just hoping that March this year is as good as 2012 was which means we're only weeks away from action stations again. Hope everyone has a decent season this year with plenty of away time where possible.

Ian

Hi Ian & Sylvia Welcome to the forum

Am I right in thinking you are

Caravaners, and not Motorhomers?

The reason I ask this, as just two days ago, have been looking at changing to a caravan and look (and liked) the Lunar range

PJay

Hi PJay - Yes we are caravanners just now but over the years we've had trailer caravans and motorised ones. We have just upgraded from a small 2 berth Eriba Puck to the present Lunar. We went to the Bimingham Show at the end of last year and looked at various models. The lunar just fitted the bill for us, it's roomy inside, nice light coloured furniture and it has all the usual mod cons including Whale blown air heating and a good hot water supply. The washroom has a fitted cassette toilet with electric flushing and the van overall is one of the lightest on the market, and one of the main things was that the dealer offered us around a £1000 more than some of the others. To be honest we were really only interested in getting an indoor toilet compartment but we got a special deal by buying at the show - this included alloy wheels and a steel spare wheel, fitted radio cassette with an ipod dock (not sure what the dock thingy is) and an Alko stabiliser hitch. We are in retirement now so we do appreciate a bit of comfort with all our aches and things but we are both generally fit and active. The 2 berth model is fine for us but there are bigger models available if you have a family still travelling with you. By the way I tow it with a Renault Scenic with no problems, and it's nice nowadays to be able to get the 'van parked and then use the car for tripping out to places in the area we are staying at - but I do sometimes miss the versatility of the motorised van which is easier for hopping about from site to site when touring - but nowadays we are more content in staying for a few days at the same spot and checking out the area. Hope my drivel is of some use to you but if you do fancy a trailer I would recommend that you check out the Lunars- Good luck with your decision anyway....

Ian

Hi Sid and Caddies - thanks for the welcome - when I joined the forum I had to alter my first post due to a misspelling but then I found that both posts were showing. Now it's getting a bit confusing 'cos some folks answer different posts so it's getting hard to follow who's asking what LOL. Sid, Plans for this year is to get out at least once a month subject to the weather - and we already have two country music festivals booked so we're hoping to get plenty of trips away this year. We've also found a nice little get away site at the coast just an hours ride from home - this will give us the chance for mid week breaks when we need a change. Ok on the planned York Rowntrees Park visit Caddies, I only live about 15 minutes away from York - don't know if you've been before but check out the state of the Ouse when you book, - it gets kinda high at this time of the year although I don't know what the condition of the site is but the other side of the river floods when the water is high in winter. Maybe the site never floods but it will be worth checking.

Ian

Wandering - 2013-02-11 8:28 PM

Hi PJay - Yes we are caravanners just now , and it's nice nowadays to be able to get the 'van parked and then use the car for tripping out to places in the area we are staying at - but I do sometimes miss the versatility of the motorised van which is easier for hopping about from site to site when touring - but nowadays we are more content in staying for a few days at the same spot and checking out the area. Hope my drivel is of some use to you but if you do fancy a trailer I would recommend that you check out the Lunars- Good luck with your decision anyway....

Ian

Like yourselves, we want the versatility of having the car to see places the van can't go to

The granchildren are all grown up, and have there own cars, the great grandson to young to take away (3 Months)

We have found that we now stay in one place longer (done most of the discovering!) so transport for local sightseeing a better idea. (don't ride a bike now) Knees not too good.

Like the look of the Lunar STELLAR, (End Kitchen) or the Quaser (end washroom) both 2 berth

Thinking of putting the MH on market when we get back from this years jaunt , as we are comitted for now, (3months April/June)

cheers PJay

Archived